Monday, May 28, 2012

Never Say You Could Never Do That... You'll Have To Shortly Thereafter

I really wish I would start blogging when things actually happen.  The feelings and emotions would probably be more real, rather than trying to write about it 2 months later.  I get so far behind that I don't feel like I can ever catch up.

We moved into our new ward, needless to say, it is weird.  It is ALL apartments with 2 houses in the ward.  One of the complexes is government assistance and the turnover rate here is like nothing I have ever seen.  Every week, 5 families in, 5 families out.  No one knows anyone, because everyone is new and the new people think that everyone else is being mean to them by not talking to them but in all reality, they are just as new.

I told my family that I feel bad for that relief society president because it would be the job from hell.  Visiting teaching alone would be a task beyond anything, also the ward is very needy and well, there are just a bunch of problems that would make that calling a near death experience.  That week, we had an appt to meet with the bishop.

You guessed it....  He called me to be the relief society president.  I set myself up for that one, didn't I?  We only lived in the ward for 3 weeks.  I didn't know anyone, let alone to be able to call a presidency.  Needless to say, it was a lot of praying and going to the temple.

The appointment was the night before my birthday.  It kind of ruined by bday.  I cried all night.  Couldn't sleep at all, I did lose 5 pounds  but only gained it back shortly, due to stress.  Why doesn't my body lose weight when it is stressed out?  I am the complete opposite.  Lots of crying and no sleeping to continue for multiple weeks.

I've been in for 2 months.  The welfare is so hard in this ward.  I am exhausted and from what I have heard, this is one of the neediest wards around here, as far as welfare and such goes.  Let's just say I'm sleep deprived and gaining weight.  Go figure.

Hopefully over time, it will get better.  I have to tell myself that or I'll cry, some more.

2 comments:

The Johnson's said...

And I thought I was the one who always got cornered by the Bishopric and sucked into callings that I thought I'd never do (Scout Committee Chairman, Girl's Camp Director--both at the same time). I sympathize with you--you will be blessed, however, and you are VERY capable. Hang in there...

Alisa and Paul said...

Kimberlee you are the best, don't worry about the stress take it one day at a time. You have always been a great example to me! you don't take crap from no one, that is why they need you so much in this calling to teach the true principles of the gospel! Beside's you are the toughest brod out there so kick them into line and show them how to live happy! We miss you guys!