Wednesday, March 25, 2009

FREEDOM


Life has been crazy lately and I haven't been able to post as I would have liked to. Here I am working on the pictures from Micheal's funeral. I can't get through working on them even one day without crying. How could you? It has really got me reflecting on things and I just wanted to jot down a few of my thoughts as I have been working on his pictures.

Freedom. Suddenly it feels like something I have taken for granted. Something that I didn't know had such a high price. Micheal is one of those that paid the ultimate price for our freedom. That freedom means so much more to me now than it ever did before. I will never look at the American flag the same way ever again. I have never felt so patriotic in my entire life as I do now.

As I got thinking about that subject, it got me reflecting about Christ. Christ paid the ultimate price for us so that we can return back to Him. Whether you decide to take advantage of the atonement or not, whether you decide to repent, it does not matter, he has ALREADY atoned for your sins. Why let it go to waste? Christ bled from every pore and he truly felt each and every one of our pains. It brings comfort to know that He is there and He DOES know how you feel. What better person to turn to?

A friend in my ward brought over a few quotes. I think I'll share.

"If God brings it to you... He'll bring you through it."

"The adversary lies in wait to attack our faith and lead us down the rocky road of depression and discouragement when we are the most vulnerable. What we need now is to exercise every bit of faith we have. But we don't have to do it alone."

"You can find peace in knowing God understands and that your faith can bring you understanding."

"We need to remember the only weapon we have against evil is our faith in God."

8 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

Ah, now my face is all wet again! Thank you, Kim, that was a beautiful post! I love all of those thoughts, but yours especially. Micheal has set a great example for all of us. I, too, cannot look at the American flag the same way again. It means so much more now!! I thought it did when he was deployed... nope, he magnified it once again. What a great knowledge we have of eternal families and knowing that the Lord is always there for us; always!

spemberly.blogspot.com said...

Thanks for sharing your great thoughts!

Renae Williams said...

I love every thought that you posted, not only about Micheal and patriotism, but also about Christ and His atonement for each of us. It truly touched my heart and made me teary-eyed once again. We are so blessed in SO MANY ways. Love you all.

Sandstone Writings said...

Thank you for your beautiful post. I agree with everything you wrote. Love and blessings to all.

Heather said...

Wow, what a beautiful post. You are so amazingly strong and I love your reflections on life and what is most important. Thanks for sharing!

P.S. I love what you've done with that picture! What a special gift you're giving. :-)

Ryan & Amber said...

I loved every word of your post. It was so good to see you. Your girls are beautiful. I am so glad you have a blog so we can keep in touch. We need to get together some time or talk on the phone. We have lots to catch up on. I hope Amy and the boys are doing okay. I think about them and your family a lot.

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

That was a very touching post! THe picture of the flag at the funeral is beautiful! Thanks for your thoughts! Freedom is different for me as well!

Lesa said...

Ah Kim you are such a blessing! I love reading your posts and looking at your pictures! You are a great photographer! Thanks for sharing and being so open!