Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Cobras VS The Water Moccasins

THE COBRA


THE WATER MOCCASIN

A constant battle at our house consists of which is better... The Cobra or the Water Moccasin? I know you're wondering why on Earth it matters. Well, it does in this house! Let me explain and give a little bit of some background on our ongoing feud.

There is an episode of 'FRIENDS' when Joey and Rachel are ganging up against Chandler and they keep whispering things back and forth in each others ears. Finally, Chandler gets sick of it and says, "What are you guys, some kind of gang?". Joey and Rachel whisper in each others ears and then Rachel proceeds to say, "Yeah, we're the Cobras!". Josh and I laugh and laugh at that episode. It is so hilarious. Well, one day Chloee and I were whispering back and forth to each other, in front of Josh and he then asked us if we were some kind of a gang. I had Chloee reply with, "Yeah, we're the Cobras, Daddy!" Oh, the look on his face was priceless!

A few days following the above said conversation, Josh and Halle started doing some secret conversing of their own. I then asked them if they were some sort of gang and Josh retorted with, "Yeah, we're the Water Moccasins!" (to be said in his voice for Halle, like she was the one telling me).

That was it. Since that day, the house has been split in 2, the Cobras and the Water Moccasins. Almost EVERY conversation goes into who knows more, the Cobras or the Water Moccasins. Each party is always trying to get the other to come over to their side. Josh thinks he's got my little Cobra Chloee switched over to the wussy Water Moccasin side but that's all a ploy to get the insider information. We've got him fooled.

We (The Cobras) have told Halle that if she moves over to our gang that we'll make her the President of The Cobras. Josh said she'll always be 2nd in command in the Water Moccasin gang, so why not make the move, we'll make her our leader. No worries, she's already moved. She's just the "secret cobra". Josh has no idea. I've got Halle staying in the Water Moccasin gang to get info and Chloee pretending (once in a while) to be in the Water Moccasin group as well. I have all the power! Mwahahaaaaaaaa! (To be said in a deep, sinister voice!)

Of course a Cobra is better than a Water Moccasin. We have our own insurance named after us. Ever heard of COBRA insurance? Ha, the Water Moccasins don't have that. Josh says that the COBRA insurance is to cover our butts because we are always getting hurt because we are the weaker snake. So not true! We SELL the insurance, it is just named after us. In fact, we sell it to the Water Moccasins because they are such pansies. Yes, that's right Josh, pansies!!!

One day, like most days, an argument elevated about which gang was better, so we looked it up. Much to Josh's dismay, it was NOT the Water Moccasins, definitely the Cobras!!! Eat it! We are much more deadly than you lazy, pathetic Water Moccasins. Just give up now, Josh! No sense in fighting anymore about who is better, Google already gave us the answer, and we both know Google doesn't lie!

Our house is still spit into the Cobras and the Water Moccasins. Josh and Halle still stick it out together as Water Moccasins and Chloee and I rock the house as Cobras. Really, it's quite the fun argument. I'm sure it will go on until the day we die, except that I'll have the rest of our kids on my side. How? You're wondering. Well, I am the primary caregiver, so really I have a lot of control over our kids. I just won't feed them unless they are Cobras.

Mwahhahaha.... Mwahhhhhhhhaaaaaaa!!!!

5 comments:

Josh said...

Water Moccasins RULE!!!! Halle sure has you fooled. Who'd want to be president of the weaker gang. Thats like choosing a top of the line mo-ped when you could stick with your 2nd from the top Ferrari. What a woosie offer! She'll never move. We are tighter than ever so HA!!!

This really is fun!!

Amy and Micheal said...

Ha ha ha Kim!! I LOVED this post! I was practically rolling on the ground with laughter. I can't tell you how much fun it has been to watch you guys have your snake arguments. Hilarious!!! Go Team Cobras!! (Sorry Josh) I think the biggest threat from the water moccasins is maybe the threat of having Halle sit on you.... and fill her diaper... and spit up on you. Then again, Josh could make us all eat expired cheese. Man, they are a little dangerous. Good thing they have good insurance from the toughest snakes around!!

Renae Williams said...

This post is hilarious and I can so see all four of you in the drama and feuding. I'm sure the water moccasins are tough, but you know me, I've always been a cobra at heart (my troop in scouts) so I'm a little partial! You "go" snake people.

Heather said...

I LOVED this post! So hysterical!

Karen said...

It is true. Google never, ever lies.