Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween With No Snow... Serious???

I don't know why it has taken me so long to get my Halloween post up. I swear there is always snow on the ground for Halloween. This year was so nice, the kids didn't even wear jackets. We invited Amy and the boys to come up and spend Halloween with us. We had so many great ideas of things we wanted to do and got about 2 of them done. Oh well, what do you do?

Here's Amy all decked out in her hubby's military gear. I think she looks great. She said it was heavy and hot. Could you imagine wearing that in triple digit weather in Iraq? The thought of it makes me cringe. Loved seeing Alleman on the gear. It was a sweet remembrance of Micheal.


Kai was Mudflap from Transformers 2. He told Amy way back in June that he wanted to be Mudflap and she made it on the Thursday before Halloween. She's amazing. It looks so good. Last year she did a Wall-E costume for him, it looked amazing as well. I'm never shocked by the talent of that woman.


Kennet wanted to be Jafar from Aladdin but then changed his mind at the last minute to Moses. Yes, Moses. Amy called him Beachfront Moses because Kennet refused to not be able to wear his swim trunks. He's wearing a Transformer shirt, swim trunks, his Grandpa's old bathrobe and of course he's got his 10 commandments and walking stick. Everything that kid says is hilarious.


CPL Alleman, Beachfront Moses and Mudflap!


Josh was a hunter. He decided it would be fun to wear his gorilla mask too but it scared the living daylights out of Kennet so he left it home. Don't you love the bullet belt?


I was a frumpy housewife. Oh wait... how is that any different from what I am every other day? Okay, so I put on a few pounds and my hair is a little bit rattier but other than that, I look the same.


Chloee was a witch. My friend, Melissa, let me borrow Chloee and Halle's costumes. It was nice not having to buy anything this year. That green paint did not come off Chloee's face very easily, not like the package said it would. It took at least 30 mins and she still had a light tint of green on her face when we went to church the next day.


Hallsies was a baby duck. She was so adorable, I didn't want to take it off of her. Josh said she was his prop. He went hunting and saw this duck but she was just too cute to shoot so he brought her home. She was amazing going around and doing trick or treating. She just loved being outside. She didn't make a peep.


A hunter, his duck, a frumpy housewife and a witch. I think I'll just use this picture as our family photo this year.


Of course I had to do more pictures of this adorable little duckling. Her cheeks are already pretty fat but with this costume on it just made them look even bigger and more pinchable.

It was a fun night. We laughed a lot. I love Halloween but not all the candy that comes with it. I think Chloee is still on a sugar high.

3 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

We had so much fun! I loved Josh and his prop. Seriously, could her cheeks get any chubbier and adorable? I think not! It still kills me that Kennet had to wear those swim trunks. I was secretly relieved when the kids wanted to go home after about 10 houses. We all were so tired, especially after our Lucky China fiasco!! I hope I didn't stretch out your pants too bad stuffing those mondo huge pillows in there. That was so funny! Chloee was too cute in her costume, and a good sport too for getting smacked in the face over and over by Mudflap!

Anonymous said...

I love the last pic of Halle in her duck costume, how adorable! The costume looks way soft too! Sounds like you guys had a fun Halloween!

Heather said...

I love these pics! And you are so amazing at telling the fun backstory to everything -- I love it!