Thursday, February 23, 2012

Micheal's 3 Year Anniversary

They had a really neat assembly at Mtn Crest on Micheal's 3 year mark of his death in Iraq.  They were doing a freedom assembly and they asked Amy to speak.  I man named Phil Taylor is from Texas and does free portraits of fallen soldiers.  My cousin was living in Texas at the time and got in contact with Phil and got Micheal's name on the list.  He flew out to Utah to present it to her at the assembly.


Amy with my cousin who turned Micheal's name into Phil Taylor with The American Fallen Soldiers Project.  It was such a neat thing to see and witness.


Here is Phil with his masterpiece.  It was absolutely breathtaking.  He spent over 80 hours on it.  He spoke with Amy about Micheal and his personality, likes and dislikes.  He really puts a lot of emotion, care and a religious aspect into his portraits.


Needless to say, Amy loved it.


Of course, Amy did a wonderful job with her talk.  It was so full of emotions.  One minute I was laughing, the next I was crying.  A typical Amy talk.  It was so well done and she truly is an amazing woman who gives to much to the people around her and helps others around her and gives them a sense of hope and understanding.  I am so proud to call her my sister and my friend.


What would this day be without some serious mischievousness?  We went by that night to visit Micheal's grave and of course Amy mounted herself up on it.  Micheal would not be happy if it wasn't a day without laughter and total inappropriateness (to other people, totally fine by us).

0 comments: