Sunday, December 9, 2007

Snowbird

We went to Snowbird this weekend for Josh's company party. They pay for a nice dinner, entertainment (which was hilarious) and a night stay at the hotel. It was really nice except for a few things. Bad, bad snow, very scary getting up there and my wonderful friend that comes to visit once a month showed up in the middle of dinner (that made for a very sick night)!

No Chloee screaming at the top of her lungs, that was nice but she was very much missed. Thanks mom for taking Chloee for 24 hours plus, we know she is a lot to handle. Actually, she didn't want to leave grandma's house, she screamed and threw a fit when we showed up and tried to take her. Oh, gotta love that!

We had fun overall. The food is SO expensive up there, breakfast for just the 2 of us came to $40. Ouch! Afterwards we went Christmas shopping and had fun together even though we were so tired from waking up at 6:30 am to the snow plow in front of our room and the avalanche thing they do. It sounds like a cannon or dynamite going off outside. We had fun and are very thankful for the chance we had to just be together.

I thought everyone would enjoy these next 2 pictures.


This is what happens to a man when you don't have cable, satellite or whatever at your house and the hotel does!!! I'm even taking the picture holding my hand out and he's thinking, "Hey, why not look at the TV, no one will know." Well, the picture doesn't lie sweetie!!!


Josh, after I scolded him about watching TV. Come on hon, give me 5 seconds. He was happy when shortly after this picture my batteries died and I couldn't take any more.

6 comments:

Josh said...

I was not happy when your batteries died. I wanted you to take lots of pictures. I love taking pictures. For the record, the TV had breaking news that seemed important for me to see.

Amy and Micheal said...

Nice save Josh. Breaking news like "and the newest strip club now open to the public is..." :) Glad you two had a fun time!

Jenny said...

way cute pictures :) it is always nice to have a getaway and a break from kids!

The Family said...

You mean you were clear down here and didn't let me watch my little sweetie? Sheesh! What does a grandma have to do to get a cuddle and a kiss these days!

Jenny said...

it's me again! I was telling (my Josh) about your awesome trip through Josh's work and he wanted to know where Josh is employed :) You can e-mail me if you want (sometimes I'm leary about what I put on the blog, I don't know if your the same way or not) my e-mail address is: J&JBurbank@plmw.com Thanks :)
P.S. do you and Amy have a private blog? I always have to type in a word verification. Just wondering, cause I never did have to do that before. Also, when are you guys moving and where?

Heather said...

You and Josh are so cute! I loved the commentary about how Josh was watching TV. Heehee. I need to get my photos downloaded. I can't believe that party was last weekend!

P.S. Good luck with your move this weekend. I'll send good thoughts that everything goes perfectly!