Friday, December 28, 2007

It's Late, I Know...

I REALLY WANTED TO DO THIS BUT OBVIOUSLY WITH THE MOVE AND NO INTERNET IT WASN'T REALLY POSSIBLE. SO, HERE IT IS, LATE BUT STILL FUN TO DO.

Here are a few things that I love about Christmas...
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I love to wrap presents but if the shoe fits and I am lazy enough, then the gift bags work great!

2. Real tree or artificial? Growing up, always artificial. Since I have been married, ALWAYS real. It is a very big deal to Josh to have a real tree. Christmas is so special to him and I love how passionate he is about having a real tree. I love the smell of pine when you walk in the door. We almost didn't have one this year, thanks Gary for being so sweet and bringing us one from SLC.

3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the day after Thanksgiving but with the move in the middle of everything, we didn't get ours up until December 18th. Sad, I know.

4. When do you take the tree down? Usually around the 10th or so of January but this year it has to go like today. In the midst of all the chaos here, we forgot to give the tree water and is now a nice fire hazard.

5. Do you like eggnog? Not until this year when I actually gave it a try. Josh mixes his with milk to make it last longer and so that the taste isn't too strong. The things he gets from his mom, just kidding Kathy. He loves it though!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? My parents gave me a life size doll when I was little. Oh, how much I loved her, her name was Krystal. It wasn't even a present I asked for.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? No, we want to get a big one but he have to save up for the one that Josh wants.

8. Hardest person to buy for? I would have to say the absolute hardest person to buy for is definitely my father-in-law. I would say it would be a toss up between him and my mother-in-law but I think he takes the bait.

9. Easiest person to buy for? My dad, by far.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Can't think of one! :)

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, I got them out early this year, with the move and all.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Not really a movie. My sister, Annie made a Christmas DVD a few years back of pictures of Christ and music by Amy Grant with it and I watch it every year.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Towards the first of December but this year I got it done a little bit earlier, once again, because of the move.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No, but wedding gifts are a whole different story. Christmas gifts are too personalized, I could never give it away because it came from someone I love.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Ham. Josh and I just started a new tradition. On Christmas Eve we made a big dinner with spiral ham and lots of other great stuff. I always remember us having ham and a huge breakfast Christmas day when I was growing up.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored, I can't stand when people think they have to doll their tree up to be a fashion statement and don't let their kids decorate it. It always seems that way when it is only white lights. Colored gives it more character.

17. Favorite Christmas song? "Mary Did You Know?" by Kenny Rogers and Wynonna Judd.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? When we were first married, all we did was travel on Christmas and we hated it. We went to my parents (in the same valley) and then after a little bit we went to Josh's dad's house in American Fork, then to his mom's in Riverton. It was way too much traveling, it felt like we were in the car all day traveling and usually not in great weather. We stay home now and don't try to hit all 3 families in one day, it is much for relaxing and less stressful.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Of course, do you know my dad? He sings Christmas songs probably year round.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? We have an angel now but all growing up we had a star. Either one works for me.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We open up one gift on Christmas Eve and then rest in the morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? I don't ever feel like people will be happy with the gifts we give them and I HATE when people cannot or do not say thank you. That just really, really bugs me. Especially after you spent a lot of time and effort into their gift and they can't say those 2 simple words. (Ok, I'm a little obsessive about this one)

23. What I love most about Christmas? My husband. He is so adorable about Christmas, he loves it so much. I love how into it he gets and how he doesn't care that the people at work make fun of him for listening to Christmas music. He loves having everything just so and perfect, he makes it all the more fun. He reminds me a lot of my own dad this time of year.

24. Do you buy gifts for your pets? No pets, but I'm sure we would if we had any. Actually, we gave Josh's mom's cats a Christmas present. Long story.

25. Have you ever been Christmas caroling? Yes, only once though.

26. Hot chocolate or hot apple cider? Both as long as they are not too hot.

I tag anyone who wants to do it. It's really fun to reminisce!

4 comments:

Emily + Eric said...

Kim- we loved the Christmas card! So cute! I win the "slacker of the year" award for not doing anything this season. You've got to milk the pregnancy thing, you know? Hope all is well on the new homestead.

Heather said...

I love reading about your Christmas traditions/memories. They're great!

Jenny said...

Glad you guys are all moved now and hopefully setteled soon. What is your new address? You can e-mail it to me if you want :) thanks

The Family said...

I am not hard to shop for! I am absolutely happy with everything! You really went out of your way to give us meaningful gifts and we really appreciate all the effort that goes into it. We talk about it frequently. You always go to so much effort! I had to insist that Ty and Rach wear different shirts after a few days of wearing the ones you gave them. In case I didn't say it before, "Thank You for everything!" Every single gift had special meaning. I especially love pictures and things you've made me!

We learned that Garfield is more picky than Atta about gormet cat food. If it's not in the dish and fresh, Garf won't touch it, but Atta was in heaven no matter how she got it. She is getting the last can, mark my words.

The best part about Christmas is spending time with you guys. I love to sit back and watch the kids talk and enjoy each other's company. I loved how Josh played Chess with Rach. Patient! I only wish we had more time together.