Thursday, December 6, 2007

Bad, bad morning!

WOW, to top it all off, I just got done writing a 5 paragraph description of how awful my morning was and my stupid computer died and didn't save a thing. I picked it up to throw it against the wall (which you would have done after a morning like mine) but realized I was loosing it and gently but not happily set it back down with out shattering it into a million pieces. Seeing as how I don't want to write that all again, here is a BRIEF overview of what happened today that led me to wanting to destroy my laptop.

Chloee got up at 6:30 am instead of the regular 7:30 - 8:00 am routine. Chloee had shots yesterday for her 18 month check up, very ornery. I think, get a start on the day and make sweets. Chloee gets a hold of sugar, pours it all over the carpet, tile, her face and anything else you can think of. Me: mad as can be, Chloee: laughing hysterically. She eats the cookie dough (with raw eggs), very smart of me. Can you see my intelligence dropping as the time goes on? Chloee mad that I won't hold her and give her more dough so she takes the cinnamon sugar and dumps it on the floor. I suddenly realized that she is being very quiet. I look for her and she is on the counter in the spice cabinet. She dumps out whole cloves all over the floor. She is holding PEPPER and blows on it and it all comes up in her eyes. She screams, I scream. Her eyes instantly swell up. I'm trying to get cold water in them to get it out, she won't let me touch her. I am crying, call my mom and she says to hold her over the tub, try and pry her eyes open and put water in them so that it will flush the pepper out. What I do: hold Chloee over the tub, she won't hold still, trying to get water in her eyes instead accidentally drop her in the tub, water everywhere but her eyes. More screaming on both parties ends. Finally get her to open her eyes, she is mad at me and hits me profusely. I cry thinking, "what was I thinking trying to do all of this before 8 am". And thus the orneriness continued with Chloee and I until she finally went down for a nap at 10:00 am.

Oh, the joys of an 18 month old that just had shots, has no patience and a very good set of lungs. What was I thinking? What an awful way to start any poor sucker's day, especially mine!!!

3 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

Oh Kim, my deepest sympathies!!! I hate those days, but it seems yours is taking the cake. There is nothing worse than a day where the hits just keep on comin' (usually getting worse as they do!) Lets just hope the turmoil is over for today, or at least till Josh gets home!

Jenny said...

I'm sorry you had such a bad day:( sounds like some tough messes to get cleaned up!! Hopefully she will get over her painful shots soon!!

Heather said...

That is so wrong to have a day like that! I'm sorry it was so crazy . . . thing after thing. I just think you are supermom and are amazing!