Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Daily Gems

My friend Jenni, sends me these emails that are the Daily Gems from the church. A lot of them are really neat. She sent me this one yesterday. It really stuck out in my mind and I wanted to share with all the rest of you. Enjoy!

INFLUENCES THAT ERODE FAITH
“First is doubt. . . . It comes from a lack of confidence in one’s self or abilities. It is inconsistent with our divine identity as children of God. “Doubt leads to discouragement. Discouragement comes from missed expectations. . . . Discouragement leads to distraction, a lack of focus. . . . Distraction leads to a lack of diligence, a reduced commitment to remain true and faithful and to carry on through despite hardship and disappointment. . . . This path ultimately leads to disobedience, which undermines the very basis of faith. So often the result is disbelief, the conscious or unconscious refusal to believe.”
-
Kevin W. Pearson, “Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ,” Ensign, May 2009, 40

1 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

That is so profound. I know I suffer from it some days and I can't believe the kind of toll it takes on me. How important it is to not get down on ourselves and to always remember that the Lord loves us and believes in us, no matter the trial we are asked to endure. Thank you so much for sharing that, Kim! It gave me a great boost today!