Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Salon Adams

Today we decided to paint our toenails. This is always quite an adventure, as you can only imagine. Painting toenails, fingernails, you name it... is one of Chloee's favorite things. After we are done she always says, "Oh Mom, we look so pretty. Don't you think?".

It was near impossible to paint this fat little chunk's toenails. She was screaming the whole time because I was restraining her. Shock!


Yes, Chloee DOES paint her own, every single time. I swear there is always more on her toes than there is on her actual nails. Don't you just love how she did 2 different colors? Normally it's about 5 colors, so I was grateful to only have 2.


Just in fair warning, I have hideous feet. Yes, I know I they are ugly. Why do you think I paint them? It makes them look a little bit more tolerable. We had fun though.

We always do the painting on the tile because usually Chloee spills some. Well, while I was painting Halle's toes and I was trying to be fast because she was screaming so hard, I just did it on the carpet. Bad, bad, bad idea. I knocked over the fingernail polish bottle and purple crap went all over the carpet. Great!

As I searched the house for something to clean it up with, I didn't find anything. We seriously have no carpet cleaner whatsoever. I searched and searched before I finally bit the bullet and called Josh. Here is how the conversation went.

Me: "Hey Josh, ummm.... I might have made a little bit of a booboo."

Josh: (scared to even ask) "What kind of a booboo?"

Me: "Well, I accidentally spilled purple fingernail polish on the carpet in the front room. I've been looking everywhere for something to clean it up with and we have NOTHING. No carpet cleaner, no solvent for stains, nothing. I'm so sorry."

Josh: "Well, why don't you just use fingernail polish remover?"

Okay, seriously how dumb am I? I can't believe I didn't even think of that. I felt so stupid. Obviously I am wasted and tired and I'm sure my brain is only functioning on 30% or less right now.

4 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

I'm so proud of you for getting two feet done for Hallsies with all the restraining going on! It sure looks cute on those fat feet of hers. I love yours and Chloee's toes! They are so cute! For a sec, I thought that Chloee's was tie-dye looking. You think you have gross feet... I'm missing a toenail and it's neighboring toe is right behind it! I need some serious cover up!

Foster Family said...

I LOVE Chloee's nails! Rachel has started doing her own, too. They look so very similar to Chloee's. She likes to do multiple colors and it also ends up all over her toes and fingers. That's so funny! My Bailey's toes are all chubba too and I adore it!

Josh said...

What a trio of cuties! That comment about Halle being just like her sister is more true than anyone realizes. That is what makes them so cute and frustrating jumbled up into a couple of crazy exciting kids. Finally, your feet are not hideous, in fact they are rather cute and petite. I love you and our little family!

Heather said...

NICE! You are the cutest mom ever, Kimberlee! And I love hearing about your adventures! :-)