Friday, September 11, 2009

Memory of 9/11

(This is a picture of Micheal's flag. I took it at the memorial in Ogden back in July.)

I can't believe that it has already been 8 years since the 9/11 disaster. It means even more to me now, now that Micheal gave his life for our freedom. 9/11 feels like it has a whole new meaning to me. We are blessed to be in a country where we have freedom. The people who are against the war, are the ones who spit and ridicule our soldiers who come back from Iraq, the same ones who burn our precious flag. And they can do ALL of that because we are a country of FREEDOM. They can burn the flag because we are FREE. The reason they can do all of those horrible things to our soldiers and they don't HAVE to respect them (although they should), is because of those soldiers who have sacrificed SO much is the reason that these people even have the freedom to do and say as they please!

The other day I was driving around with the girls in the car while Josh was getting his hair cut. I went into a subdivision when I came upon a house. They had a big sign on the front door, it was written in little kids writing and it said, "Welcome Home Daddy!". There was also a big banner with flags all over it that said WELCOME HOME. They had flags in their front lawn. It was beautiful. I stopped and I started to cry. I pulled my car over and went up to their front door. I didn't know them, but I wanted to tell him thank you for his service and sacrifice and for all that he did for our country and our freedom. I was sobbing on their front door when I rang the doorbell. No one came to the door, they must have been out but I didn't care what anyone thought about me doing it. I want to make sure that our servicemen and women ALWAYS know that I am a thankful.

God Bless America! God bless the many families who are in the military and sacrifice so much for everyone in this country. Freedom Isn't Free! I am so grateful to live in the United States, who also fight for others freedom as well. Operation Iraqi Freedom, Micheal gave his life for that war. THANK YOU to the many people who give and continue to give during this war.

2 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

Beautiful! Amen to such a thought provoking post! You are so grateful for all that we have and that is all that a wife of a fallen soldier could ever wish to hear. Those two simple words, "Thank you!" I love you sistah!

Josh said...

Wow, Kimbo! Our soldiers really are special. They give for those who do not care and sacrifice for a government that often sells them out for their own political gain. There are those of use who hold soldiers in high regard and honor their sacrifice. I love you so much and am so thankful that I found you my deeply patriotic chica!!