Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Late Is What I Live By

This conversation went as follows this morning as I was trying to get Chloee ready for school.


Me: "Chloee, stop messing around. You are already going to be late for school as is. Get out of the shower."

Chloee: "I won't be late. I don't want to get out of the shower, it's so warm in here."

Me: "Get out Chloee. You are going to be late for school."

Chloee: "It seems like you say that we are going to be late every day. Every single day I go to school, you tell me that we are going to be late and to hurry."

Me: "Yeah, so???"

Chloee: "Well, it would seem to be, Mom, that we are late every day. So why should I care that I'm going to be late today when I'm late every other day?"

Me: (Looking at her like, I'm not in the mood for your jokes today)

Chloee: "What? I'm just saying!"

2 comments:

Bob and Marie said...

uh--oh, she's how old again? Did you say 17? That girl cracks me up. How funny that she says..it would seem to me.... Hilarious. You have your work cut out for you on that one...especially since she is GORGEOUS!!!

Amy and Micheal said...

Oh that Chloee!! She is such a ham! Kai asks me everyday if we are late or early for school. Can't we ever just be on time?? Apparently not! Man, she's only 4, I wonder what she'll be saying 2, 5, 10 years from now?