Monday, January 24, 2011

Special Kid of the Week

Chloee got to be the "Special Kid" in her preschool. She got to be the line leader, the weather girl, the one with the cool poster up all week and her mom got to come read her favorite book to the class.


Chloee really wanted a picture of Micheal on her poster. I asked her what she wanted it to say and she said, "This is my uncle Micheal. He died." I said how about we say, "This is my uncle Micheal. He died for my freedom and I love him very much." She said, "Yeah, that sounds much better. Good job mom!"


One of the little sheets she filled out about herself. It reads:

My favorite color is red.
My favorite book is The Very Hungry Caterpillar.
My favorite television program is Sesame Street.
My favorite sport is soccer.
When I grow up, I want to be a mom.
I'm special because I have big, brown eyes.
The place I'd most like to visit is Disneyland.
My favorite food is sandwiches.
One thing I really want to learn is how to play baseball.
The best thing about me is I like everyone and I be kind to others.
The people in my family are mom, dad, Halle and me.
I have a pet I used to have a dog named Koda.
My best friend is Taylor.
The person I most admire is Grandma Renae.
My favorite subject in school is Reading.

My favorites (some of these are doubles from above)
Number: 19
Toy: My little whale
Game: Wii Sports
Holiday: Christmas
Color: Red
Day of the Week: Sunday
Season: Summer
Food: Sandwiches
Book: The Very Hungry Caterpillar
TV Show: Sesame Street

Her favorite book is The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle. This was the book she wanted me to read to the class. We decided to make a treat to take for the class. Yep, these adorable little caterpillar cupcakes. She had so much fun making them.

The whole little school of caterpillars. Yeah, some turned out better than others but the kids LOVED them and Chloee had so much fun making them and that's all that matters.

3 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

Look at all those little Ojis' and Cookie Flowers!! They turned out so cute! I'm sure the kids loved them! I thought that was so cute that she wanted to put Micheal's picture up there. I laughed so hard when you told me she just wanted to say he died... so funny (not that he died, but her wording, of course) :) Both Kai and Kennet haven't had theirs yet. Watch, they'll both fall on the same week! You did such a great job with that poster!

Amy and Micheal said...

The poster is awesome! I know that Chloee had so much fun and you two did a wonderful job with the caterpillar cupcakes. They are amazing. It touched my heart that Chloee admires me. I better be a good girl from now on so I don't lead anyone astray!

Bob and Marie said...

You are such a fun mom! You do so much for your girls to make events special, and you have the best ideas!