Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Micheal's Birthday

Today is Micheal's birthday. He would have been 33 this year. We had a get together the Sunday before his birthday in honor of him. We ate all of his favorite foods, with spoons might I add, Micheal rarely ate with a fork.

The Top 5 Reasons I Love Micheal:

1. For marrying my sister. It's honestly the happiest I've EVER seen her in my entire life. This one is two-fold because I also got to meet my second family because of him. The Allemans have been extremely accepting and loving of our entire family. It makes me sad that it took such a tragedy, like Micheal's death, for me to really get to know such a remarkable family and for the chance to be a part of it.

2. He is one amazing dad. He loves those boys more than anything. He loved children, which was evident by all of the pictures of him with the Iraqi kids. Also the fact that he'd have Amy send him stuff over there for him to give the kids.

3. For paying the ultimate price for OUR freedom. Micheal is and will always be a remarkable man who has and will continue to touch the lives of others for years to come.

4. For being my husbands best friend. People look at pictures of the 4 of us together and I have had multiple people say, "Did brothers marry sisters?" Pretty much!

5. His sense of humor, his wit, his sarcasm... I miss it all.
Just to give you a look into his sense of humor. Oh and he hated having his picture taken so these are even more funny to me. I know I'm in trouble for putting these up but since you're not here to stop me Micheal, too darn bad!

Happy Birthday! I love you!

4 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

Great, now I'm a mess crying all over the place. Thank you for that lovely post!! I miss more than I can bare. Some days I wonder if I'll even resemble the same person when he comes to get me, I've gone so long without him making me laugh. I don't want to become some serious stick in the mud. That's why I have you and Josh... to help keep the humor alive. I love you sistah!!

Bob and Marie said...

What a beautiful post, Kimberlee. You are such a thoughtful, caring, wonderful sister. I hate that we didn't get to know each other better sooner. It would have been so fun to get together with you guys and Amy and Micheal. You have done so much to honor him, and keep his memory alive. You have done so much for Amy too. Thank you.

Amy and Micheal said...

Very nice post honoring Micheal. He truly has all of those wonderful traits and many more. I love the pictures of him. We will have so much fun on the other side teasing him about them when we get there.

Renae Williams said...

Sorry Kimberlee the above comment is really from me.