Saturday, May 21, 2011

Chloee's Tap Recital

Chloee had her tap recital on Saturday. The week prior to it, they had a dress rehearsal and they did class pictures. I snagged a few pictures of her while she was home, right before we left for rehearsal. I know there are a lot of pictures below, but I couldn't decide which ones to post about her amazingly long eyelashes. They are beautiful. I put a little bit of makeup on her for the recital and rehearsal. She was so excited.

I would kill for eyelashes that long, dark and thick. Granted, I did have them when I was younger, before I started using mascara and they started to fall out and break off.


THE RECITAL
Chloee's dance partner was Zoee. She had 2 songs they did their dance to, ABC's and Sea Cruise. They looked so cute out there.


She did a fabulous job. It's always so much more fun to watch the younger kids do their dance because they don't really know what's going on and they are giggling out there.


Chloee and her best friend, Taylor.


My parents came down to watch Chloee perform. Chloee and my dad.


She was so happy that they were able to come down. I think she called and invited them 2 months before the recital and then asked me just about every day if they were going to come and if "today" was the recital. It felt like Christmas all over again.


Heaven forbid Halle be okay with a picture being taken with her in it. Needless to say, Halle was not a good child during the recital. She cried and threw a fit most of the time. We did have to wake her up to go to the recital. Lesson learned: Never wake a sleeping, mean 2 year old. :)


I was so proud of her. She's such a sweet little girl.


Wow, Halle not sucker punching Chloee for putting her arm around her for a picture. The picture almost looks like they are glowing, maybe someone was distracting Halle from the other side of the veil.


Chloee was pretty much DONE with pictures at this point but I had to get a family picture.


Thanks for coming, it made Chloee so happy... the only thing that could have made her even more happy was if Jordan could have come. He had to work and Chloee adores him and was still sad when I broke the news to her, once again, for the 5th time, that he wasn't going to be coming. I swear, she never listens to me when I'm talking.

We came home and my dad, Matt and Josh went down to a Bee's game and us girls stayed home with grandma. The girls had a blast with grandma chasing them around and we played Super Mario 3 on the Wii. Mom used to be a pro and that night Chlo was kicking her trash. It was hilarious to watch mom try and play. It was like Luigi was a magnet for all of the holes. If there was a hole, it called to her and she fell right in and died. It was a fun night.

The boys got home a bit late, a little after eleven. They just stayed the night and left early in the morning to go to their church, plus, my dad had two farewells to go to. Thank you so much for coming down for Chloee. I know it meant a lot to her.

2 comments:

Alisa and Paul said...

Wow! Those eyelashes are incredible!

Amy and Micheal said...

Does she do transplants? Could she give me some? They are SO long! She looks absolutely adorable in her dance attire and jamming away! I'm so glad mom and dad were able to go to it! Josh is going to have to get a couple of shotguns when she starts dating, heck, you can be one of them holding it, too! :)