Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Table Just Won't Do...

The table is too boring. The table is a place where we sit and eat our food. So naturally, my children don't want to eat there. Over the last 2 weeks, the girls have decided they needed to eat lunch somewhere cool and adventurous.

"The Fort"
They decided that under the table would be much cooler than at the table. They then decided that it needed to be dark so that no one could see them.


"The Tent in the Woods"
They pretended that there were bears outside of the tent, wanting their food. Notice the first picture of the tent. Yes, it is broken and that one pole is sticking straight up to make it KIND OF stay up correctly.


"The Basket Loungers"
They love to sit in the laundry baskets and pretend that they are on boats and everything around them is hot lava and they can't get out of the boats or the lava will burn them. Chloee pretty much is in control of this one. They ate their lunch in the boats and I was scorched with lava as I brought them their lunch.


"The School Box"
I don't know how or where they come up with these names. This big box came to the doorstep with something I had ordered online in it. The girls instantly set their little eyes on it and asked me if they could play with it. They went and got their crayons and colored the inside and outside and then named it their SCHOOL BOX and that is the only place where they can talk about school and one can be the teacher and one be the student.

Oh yes and they had to have school lunch in there. Once again, Mom (the now lunch lady) brought them their lunch and they ate in peace.

I have found that doing fun things like this, gets my kids to eat more of their lunch and they are in a much better mood (as am I), that is probably because we aren't fighting about who sits where and if they need to eat more.

One less thing to worry and stress about.

1 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

What creative little minds your girls have!! I think the lava one is my all-time favorite. Do they allow walk ins or do I need to make my reservations now to enjoy lunch with them? I hope they're not booked too far ahead. I hear the lava spot is the place to be!! :) Forget boring old tables.