Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Awwh... Mother's Day. Josh got up and made me crepes for breakfast. One of my favorites. Unfortunately, Saturday night I came down with a really bad cold. You know those ones where it hurts to swallow your own spit because your throat hurts that bad? The one where your eyes are weeping and your nose is constantly running and you can hardly see. That's what it was. That was a fantastic Mother's Day gift... here have a gross, disgusting cold. Yeah!

In this above picture, Halle was so mad that I was in my bathrobe. She had to have screamed, "Mom get clothes! Mom put on clothes!" probably 50 times. I don't know what her deal was.

Chloee gave me this adorable poem with her hand print and kisses on it. She made it in school on Thursday and it almost killed her to wait until Sunday to give it to me.


This is actually an outfit I got for Easter, just a little bit later. I got it for a killer price too. Between the coupons and % off that was going on in the store, this was supposed to be $70 at JCPenney and I ended up getting it for $15. Yep, killer deal! It's what I wore to church that day.


My girls were very sweet that day.


I told Josh that I wanted to have my mom and family over for Mother's Day. So we did. They came down for dinner and we had a grand old time. We had some pork chops that Josh grilled and some yummy stuff grilled on a skewer. Oh and also, some of Josh's fabulous Key Lime Pie.

My little brother Matthew and Halle watching Barney on my bed. Halle asked Matt to watch it with her. Let me clear that up before he reads this and thinks I was saying that HE WANTED to watch it.


Me and my mom. I was so glad they made it down. It was raining like crazy.


Chloee also gave me these gorgeous flowers and she gave my mom some as well.


This is the Mother's Day card I had made for my mom.


My mom is on a strict diet due to some health issues. Josh, being the wonderfully considerate person he is, figured out a form of dessert she could have. It was bananas sauteed in butter. I guess the butter brings out the sugar in the banana and it makes them really sweet. She loved them.


Of course dad is pulling some weird face and of course Jordan is holding Chloee, she adores him and of course Halle isn't smiling.


Josh and the girls gave me a couple of other presents later that night. One of them was a pack of toe rings. We all put one on and took a picture. We look pretty good, if I do say so myself.

I had a fabulous Mother's Day. Josh is always so good to me and treats me very well. I'm very blessed to have a fantastic mother who raised me and still loves me despite the time when I was a teenager. I have 2 fabulous girls who run my life but I whom I love so very much. I am also so blessed to have a husband who loves me despite my many faults and who helps dust me off and picks me up when I fall down.

3 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful mother's day! You look absolutely smokin' in your new outfit!!! And I can't believe you got it for $15! Well done, sistah! Oh those crepes look so good, and the bananas, too! I need to come and stay for a weekend, eh? I love the flowers! So beautiful. You are such a wonderful mother and sister and I love you so much. I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it for dinner. Boo.

Amy and Micheal said...

Matt was SO into Barney, don't deny it Matt! J/K

Alisa and Paul said...

You deserve a great mothers day. I am glad it went so well for you. By the way, I love your head board! You house always looks so adorable!