Friday, July 29, 2011

8 Year Anniversary

On July 29th, it was our 8 year anniversary. My dear mother watched the girls for a few days while we spent some time together, relaxing and not having to listen to our children fight 24/7. It was nice to say the least. Yes, this is a picture of me holding the camera. Weird but I liked it.


Thursday night we went down to Johnny Carino's in Salt Lake. It is one of our favorite restaurants but we never head all the way down to 90th to eat dinner. It was so good. After dinner, we did some shopping, came home and watched a movie. Oh yes, and as you can see from this picture, we had some bubbly. Marinelli's, my favorite.


On Friday, we went and got a "couples massage". It was heaven. I really had to talk Josh into it and tell him that it wasn't going to be weird and men do get massages. He finally came around and said yes. We sat in the "relaxation room" first, soaking our feet in a salt bath and sipping lemonade while we also had a warm chamomile neck thing sitting on our necks. (I know I sounded super smart in that last sentence.) It was joyous. We then went into the room together and both got massaged for 50 minutes. It was the shortest 50 minutes of my life. Josh fell asleep and I could hear him snoring.

Yeah, after we left, Josh was like, "Ok, we should do that every single month. That was the best thing ever!" Yeah, if only we could afford it every month. Our stress levels would probably go down.

After the massages, we went to see a movie. We saw the new X-Men movie.


That night we went out to eat at Rodizio Grill, Josh's favorite place. I had a gift certificate I had purchased for cheaper a few months back. We laughed and ate until we were stuffed and ready to throw up.

We had a great time. We got to sleep without any interruptions of our children and it was so relaxing. It was nice to come and go as we pleased and to be out late and not worry about meal times or bed times. None the less, we missed our girls. Thanks mom and dad for taking the girls so we could have a few days alone to celebrate our anniversary.

10 year anniversary: HAWAII 2013!!!

0 comments: