Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Neat Coincidence

It was 8 years ago today, July 26, 2003, when I went through the temple and received my endowments. What a very exciting time that was.

Here it is 8 years later and I went out visiting teaching today and the lesson was about going to the temple and receiving your endowment and going back again and again.

I though it was a neat coincidence that I was teaching the lesson about temples on the exact day that I had received my own. The lesson really touched my heart and it made me think back to that day and how I felt.

I had never gone back and done Initiatories because I didn't really like it when I did it for myself and I think I was just scared. I had heard that they had changed it since then but still never went back to do them. I'd do sealings and endowments but not initiatories. I finally went back and did a couple while I was in Seattle with Amy. It was such a neat experience to be able to listen to everything and enjoy what I was doing. I wish I hadn't waited so long.

My dear aunt always calls me every month and offers to watch my kids so that we can go to the temple every month. It has made quite the difference in our lives. This whole year so far, we have attended every single month and we have been so blessed because of it. I had a hard time because I never wanted to leave my kids with a babysitter (that is young) for that long. My aunt lives in Bountiful and we have to go to that temple anyway because Ogden is closed.

What a great blessing for me, my family and my marriage.

0 comments: