Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Farewell :(

We said good-bye to our sweet home in Providence on Saturday, December 15, 2007. It was as my sister put it, "bittersweet". It was bitter to leave having so many memories in that home of 3 1/2 years, it almost felt impossible to leave. We built the home so we were its only owners. In July of 2004, after only being married for less than one year we embarked on our new adventure of owning a home. With Josh still in school and 2 more years to go and I working for a homebuilder, let's just say that we were in the right place at the right time and were VERY blessed.

It has been quite an adjustment moving into a home older than our other one and having previous owners, it just doesn't feel quite like "home" to me. Ok, enough of my sob fest. Here are some great pics of us starting our new journey in the homeland of "West Point".

Here we are waving "bye" to our home. I think I literally wore that outfit (if you could even call it that) for 3 days straight as we boxed, cleaned and (I) had emotional breakdowns.


The mountains were literally in our backyard. Oh, we loved that house!


How on Earth can 2 1/2 people fill up a 26' moving truck? Scary. What is going to happen when we have kids that are teenagers and they have a lot of stuff? I guess that is what you get when you have a husband who is a pack-rat. Now, in his defense, he did throw out a lot of stuff!


My mom cleaned and helped me box all week. She was a cleaning machine, I swear you could have came in with a white glove and not found a spot of dust or dirt anywhere. This was on Friday, my dad, Josh and Micheal moved everything out to the truck. Here the kids are having a pizza break using grandma as furniture.


During the week while we were boxing up stuff, she found these glasses and this police badge and went around moving boxes like mommy and daddy. It was really cute seeing her think she was helping.


In the sweetest, kindest words possible, let's just say, "Chloee did not adjust well, at all". She didn't want to sleep at the new house, she got up at 5:30 am every morning then she got sick and after only being here for 2 days, I had to find a doctor. It ended up being an ear infection. I was sick myself and depressed from all the boxes and missing the old house that I just packed us up and we spent a few days with my mom to save my sanity.

Overall, this has been a big adjustment for me. Especially where I have never lived outside of Cache Valley, I get lost a lot and I just feel alone. I am not one who deals well with change but I'm trying to change my attitude.

The most definite "sweet" part of the bittersweet is that Josh doesn't have to travel 2+ hours a day anymore. No matter how hard this move may be for me or our little family, I know it is right and I wouldn't change it for anything in the world. I am looking forward to being able to spend more time with Josh and not have to worry about if the weather is bad or if the canyon is a white-out. I am so excited to have him close for all those close encounters that felt like he was states away when I needed him. Also, we are BOTH excited about the huge slash in our gas bill.

THANK YOU to everyone who helped us move, offered to help us move and did so much for us. My dear friend Maren brought in dinner on Friday night, she watched Chloee for hours on end and Lance & her changed their Saturday plans around and Lance drove down with Josh in the truck and also helped unload with Micheal and Josh. Oh where would we be without our great family and friends? Love all of you and thanks again!!!

HELPFUL FORGETTING: While we were up this week visiting my family for New Years, we drove past our old home. The woman has a dog in our house (which makes me want to puke), it's a poodle. She has chicken wiring or something around the patio and cut a gaping, huge hole in the side of the house for her precious little dog to have a doggy door. Josh almost started to cry. We kept such good care of it and cleaned it to the hilt, it just goes to show you that people will change it and it no longer feels like yours anyway and that helps with the healing process!

4 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

The boys and I are looking forward to visiting you guys in the next couple of months. We miss you guys, but are so happy for you!!!

Jenny said...

bSorry the move has been a hard one for you! I hope that you adjust to everything ASAP :) Do you plan on living in West Point for a while? Hope everything is going better now and that you had a Happy New Year!!

Jenny said...

me again....ignore the b in the above comment, I don't know how it got there and I didn't want to erase the comment.

Heather said...

I'm sorry it has been such an crazy time -- that makes it even more hard having things crazy around the holidays. I wish we could be neighbors . . . maybe someday! :-)