Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Anniversary Weekend...

Our anniversary was last Wednesday, July 29th. We celebrated our 6 year anniversary. It's hard to believe that it has only been 6 years of marriage and 7 years together. It seems like we have been together for at least 15 - 20 years. I don't mean that in a rude or bad way. I just can't remember my life before Josh, or the kids for that matter. We have been through a lot of BIG things in our first 6 years of marriage. Oh well, you get what life hands you and make the best of it, or at least try to. You make mistakes and learn from them. I know I've made more than my share of mistakes. I'm just grateful that Josh still loves me despite my many, many faults.

Okay, enough of that. We decided this year to take a couple of days, go out to eat, see movies, you know the regular things you can't just go and do with the kiddos. My sweet sister Amy, was a doll and took the girls for 3 days. I guess I should really be thanking Amy and Grandma Alleman. Amy was such a sweetheart. The girls were absolutely spoiled rotten and Chloee screamed and didn't want to go when we picked her up. Halle was held majority of the time, I'm sure. Amy and her have such a special bond, it's really neat to see the two of them together. After we got home, Halle was looking at Josh and I like she had no idea who we were and wanted to know where Amy was. I even showed her a picture of Amy and then she started smiling. They went swimming in Grandma's huge pool in her backyard. They did lots of stuff, made cotton candy, Chloee had a tractor ride with Grandpa in the backyard. I can't thank Amy... or the entire Alleman family (for that matter) enough for taking the girls for those days!

Let's see, on Thursday we slept in until about 10 am. That was nice! We went and ate at Jimmy John's for lunch. We LOVE that sandwich shop. Yum! We went shopping around the mall for a few hours then went and saw, The Proposal. It was my 2nd time seeing it, just as great at the 1st time.


We went to the Olive Garden for dinner. We used to really LOVE that place but it's kind of gone down in both our books lately. Not such a favorite anymore, but good, nonetheless. After dinner, we went to a movie. Josh has been wanting to see that new Star Trek movie for FOREVER. Lucky for him that it was still in theaters. I thought I would completely hate it. Actually, it was really good. I thought I'd fall asleep watching it and not get anything that was going on because I don't follow Star Trek like Josh does, but it was excellent.

Oh gosh, that night we came home and had rented Push, so we watched it. I wasn't super impressed with it. I thought it was going to be a lot better than it was.

Friday we ate a big brunch at Jeremiah's in Ogden. Josh talks about it all the time from when they go there for work. He LOVES the place. I must say, some of the best breakfast I've ever had at a restaurant. We then went over to the Ogden Temple and did a session. Good thing we didn't try and go to the Bountiful Temple, I found out after we did a session at the Ogden one, that Bountiful was closed. That would have stunk! We then went and ate at Lucky China. Everyone around here talks about what an amazing Chinese restaurant it is, so we thought we'd try it. It was very good.

That night we went and saw Transformers 2. We couldn't get in until the 10 pm showing though. It was so good. I know we are losers that it has taken us this long to go see it. I swear it is impossible to get a babysitter with a newer baby.

On Saturday we had to take care of some personal things that took up most of the morning but we had the afternoon together. We went up to the Weber County fair grounds. The annual Patriot Guard Rider "Field of Honor" was HERE, in Ogden, UT this year. I told Amy that I'd go there for her and take pictures of Micheal's flag. I will put up a whole other post about that. Amazing!

We went and got the girls late on Saturday night. Chloee was crying, she didn't want to leave. I basically had to pry Halle out of Amy's arms. I know those two share that bond with Micheal and I know that Halle sees him on a regular basis. You should see her giggle, smile and laugh EVERY time she sees a picture of him, and of course when she's just looking right past you or through you for that matter, just a beaming.

Thanks again Ames for all that you did for us. We truly appreciate all you did to take care of the girls those 3 days. Love you lots and lots!

It was great to spend time together, just the 2 of us. Even though we stayed home and didn't go anywhere fancy, we had so much fun together. We figured why go to a hotel, nothing compares to our bed anyway. Happy Anniversary Sweetie!

6 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

It can't be six years, you guys have been together forever! It was wonderful to have your chicas down here with us. We had an absolute blast!!! I'm so glad you guys were able to do so much and just have that great quality time together without worrying about the munchkins. Anytime you guys want to bring them down is A-OK with me!! I miss them so much. I still sometimes wake up expecting to hear Halle coo, or talk in her sleep. They both were SO good for me and Susan, seriously. And I love that look that Halle gives me so I know Micheal is right there. It's almost like a "you would not believe the crap he pulls behind your back, Aunt Amy" kind of look, but I would expect nothing less from my adorably teasy hubby whom I love so much.

K, I need to go see this star trek movie. Will Josh dress up as wharf and go, too? I need to see the Proposal again too! I love it. I'm so glad you guys got so much done and I loved having my girls with us for so long. We are so looking forward to Friday!! Yea!!!

Amy and Micheal said...

PS Happy Anniversary, Kimmy John's and Josh Spice. Sorry, I was trying to pull a Dr Rick on your names, but I'll think of better ones later...

Anonymous said...

sounds like a fun time!

Renae Williams said...

I'm so glad that you both had such a wonderful time for your anniversary. It doesn't matter where you go or what you do while there, it's that you are together that counts. I can just picture all of the fun the girls had with Amy and grandma Alleman. They are the best!

spemberly.blogspot.com said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you guys had a good time, that's great!

Heather said...

What a sweet post! Happy anniversary! I'm so glad that you guys got to have some good together time. Yay for family babysitters! And yay for great couples like you and Josh that make the world a better place! :-)