Saturday, August 29, 2009

*Patriotism*

Micheal in full battle gear. This picture was actually taken just 30 minutes before he died.


I have been wanting to put up a post about this video for a while. One of the family members of Amy and Micheal hired someone to come and video everything about Micheal's funeral and such. It is absolutely amazing. It features when the plane came to bring his body in from Iraq, the Patriot Guard Riders, the graveside services and so much more. The music is exquisite. We are all still waiting for our copies of the DVD but I found it on the photographers website.

Please take the time to watch this. Take the 15 minutes out of your day to watch this amazing video. For those of you who couldn't be there, here is your chance to see everything. It is worth every minute. You can't help but feel more patriotic, more love and more compassion for the soldiers and their families who have sacrificed so much for our freedom.

Amy is amazing, and this video only shows how incredibly true that is. Micheal paid the ultimate sacrifice. He is an amazing and wonderful man who has touched so many lives. It makes me think of one of my favorite patriot quotes, "Freedom Isn't Free!" How true that is! Please always remember to keep Amy and her family in your prayers. If you can watch this video and not cry, then you're not human and you clearly have a heart of stone.

Here is the link. Also listen for the last song on the video, it is the 3rd song. It is called "Fallen Flowers" by Steve McDonald. It is a gorgeous song, I think I've listened to it 100 times. Youtube it. Click the 4 little arrows in the right hand corner of the video screen to see it in full screen on your computer.

Micheal Boyd Alleman Tribute Video

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SACRIFICE!!!

6 comments:

Heather said...

Wow. So tender. What a beautiful tribute.

Amy and Micheal said...

I still have to send a thank you note to Chuck for hiring Wendell to do that video. I do not know what I'd do without it. I love to watch it. It brings back a lot of memories and reminds me of how much I was lifted and strengthened at that time. Those days help to keep me strong today. Thank you, Kim for all your wonderful love, support and gratitude for Micheal's sacrifice. We love you!!!

Ryan & Amber said...

That is an AMAZING video! Amy is so lucky to have that for her and her boys. I balled my eyes out. Amy is such an amazing person. She is so beautiful too!

Foster Family said...

What a beautiful tribute. Kim, you have taken some truly amazing pictures, too. What a blessing your talent is!

Renae Williams said...

thanks Kimberlee for such a wonderful post and tribute to Micheal. It is beautiful! The pictures you took certainly captured the serenity of the moment and the dignity and grace that Micheal and Amy so richly deserve. They are a treasure beyond words. Your talent has blessed the lives of so many. Love you.

Josh said...

Chica,
Your pictures really captured the feeling of pride that we all felt that solemn day. I am really proud of you and how you were able to keep your hands steady while they laid to rest our fallen brother and hero. I miss him terribly and ache for his little family. As I walked behind Boyd the day of the marathon, my heart ached for him. No one should have to outlive their children. I love Micheal and can't wait to see him again. Thanks My Love for the great tribute.