Saturday, May 23, 2009

Grandma Gone Crazy

Last Saturday, Josh's Mom was running a marathon in Ogden so we decided to go see her come in. We went last year too and had frosting covered Animal Crackers there at the end for her. It was something that we had given her at the end of one of her other marathons, it's kind of tradition.
YES, SHE IS CRAZY.... this was marathon number 17 for her! Insane, I know. Here she is coming in for the last stretch.


Kathy and her sister, Ellen, have ran all 17 marathons together. They are amazing, if I do say so myself.


We have one from last year too of Chloee giving Grandma a kiss after her race!


Josh, Kathy and Chloee. She was just walking around afterward like it was no big deal that she had just ran 26 miles. I would have been passed out and the ambulance would have been on its way and they would already be loading me on the stretcher because I had keeled over and someone already tried to perform CPR but failed!


This was the sign that Chloee was holding up at the finish line. It was fun to just sit and talk in the sun and we all fried our skin. Grandma shared her treats with Chloee and they had a blast just sitting there with Chloee running into Kathy's arms about 100 times over.

Congrats Kathy, we are so proud of you!

6 comments:

Karen said...

That is one crazy impressive lady...seventeen?! Seriously. I'm a loser. Also, I CANNOT BELIEVE someone stole your dog!! Holy garbage, that is retarded. What is wrong with people?! I'm going to pray really hard that he breaks his face.

The Family said...

Ahhh, thanks Kim! YOu're soooo good to me. I can't tell you how much I loved seeing you guys holding the sign at the finish line! Chloee was on Josh's shoulders smiling so big. I loved sitting and talking afterward, too. It's awesome how you always remember the animal cookie tradition as well. You guys are AWESOME!!!!!!!

Heather said...

Your MIL is amazing! I bet she loved having you there--you guys are awesome!

Ryan & Amber said...

She needs to share some of her energy and motivation with me. That is awesome that she ran that. What a great accomplishment.

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

WOW! I really wish I was that physically fit! I hate running to be honest..but one day I would like to run at least 7 miles..not a half marathon....but I might want to work up to it...hmmmm I think it's just me looking at my pregnant body thinking I need to seriously get in shape! ahahahah
Love all the pics! What a women! WHOOT WHOOT for Grandma Kathy!!

Amy and Micheal said...

I can't believe she's done that many! That is so amazing!! I merely hope to complete one, and see where my decrepit body takes me from there. Way to go, Kathy!!