Tuesday, May 19, 2009

SICK & TWISTED

Yesterday morning, Josh went out to feed Sam, but all of his food was still there. Weird! Josh went to work, I went out to see where he was and I couldn't find him anywhere. I finally hit the west side of the house and the gate was open and Sam was gone. NOT lost, STOLEN! The gate was still open and it was swinging IN, not out. If we had accidentally left it unlocked, it would have been swinging OUT from him pushing it to get out. Besides that, we checked all the gates that night before we went to bed.

Chloee is so distraught, she cries a lot. He was her little buddy. Who would steal from a child? Obviously, a sicko that has no conscious anyway! I called the cops and made them do a report on it, I called Animal Control, gave them the information on him, we put up 50 fliers last night. We put an ad on KSL and we are going to put it in the paper. We even have a $100 reward out there for him. We miss him so much.

Josh is beside himself. He had a hard time bonding to him because when he was a child, someone poisoned his dog and it just tore him apart. He didn't want the same thing to happen with Sam, but he got over it and bonded to him a lot. Sam loved him, they always played together. Josh wants to hunt down whoever did this and strangle them. I agree. Sam was like the son that Josh never had.

Our house is a sad, sad place right now. It's not like you can just go buy another one and they can replace the one you had. It's not like it was Chloee's bike they stole and we can just go buy a new one. He had a certain personality and we all bonded to him like part of the family!

9 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

I swear the world is full of sickos! If I ever meet the dirt bag that did it, I'll pepper spray him and give it several good kicks to you know where. I cannot believe that someone stole Sam!! I am so sorry, for all of you! I keep hoping and praying that he will turn up and make his way home to you guys. We'll just keep hoping and praying! Poor Chloee, that has got to be heartbreaking! I wish there was something I could do....

Jen Duke said...

That's awful! I can't believe someone stole your dog! That would worry me about even leaving my kids unwatched for even a minute. Good luck and hopefully Sam comes home!

Jenny said...

That's terrible! I'm sorry Kim! I hope you find Sam!!

The Johnson's said...

That is so sad!! I'm sorry for you all. It is so hard to describe the bond that you make with an animal and you are right--another dog just won't cut it. I hope you find him--maybe he'll be run away and remember his way back to you guys. (doesn't it make you sad for him, too???) Poor Sam!

Sandstone Writings said...

I'm feeling pretty tender for this, yet another loss. Two of our daughters have dogs and I have bonded with them so much, I know I would just cry and cry if this happened to them. I'm praying for you and for Sam.

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Ohhh! I am sooo sorry! Sam looks sooo sweet and loveable! I can't beleive that someon STOLE HIM!!!!! The nerve of some people!!!
Hope you find him! Way to publisize it! If he comes my way I would love $100! :) I will be on the look out!

spemberly.blogspot.com said...

I'm sorry!! I hope you find him really soon and whoever did it gets in big trouble!

Heather said...

Oh, Kimberlee! This is so sad! I hope you get him back soon. We're sending thoughts and prayers your way!

Marcus said...

I am so sorry. I can't believe someone would do that. Your heart must be aching right now. It's so hard to loose a family member. We love you.

Love Annie and fam.