Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Babes of 2009

Every year The Herald Journal, which is the newspaper in Cache Valley, does a babes of (whatever year it was) edition. You pay $15 and submit a picture of your baby that was born that year and their information. It's fun to do.

This year they said they were going to be doing a "random drawing" because all babies are cute. Oh gag me, you know that some dumb mom threw a fit that her baby didn't win last year and probably threatened to sue them because her baby was the "cutest" out of all of them. Duh, of course the parents always think their child's the cutest. It's sick, who cares if your baby doesn't win, it's fun to enter.


Lots of babies this year, 280 to be exact. We put Chloee in when she was a baby. She won one of the runner up prizes. I should have sued The Herald Journal for not making her the grand prize winner.


Hallsies didn't win, but we don't care, oh wait yes we do. We already have a lawsuit in order. Here is Halle's little picture with her stats.


This little baby was the grand prize winner. She is a cutie!


This was the front page with all the winners. There's the grand prize and then all of the runner up prizes or whatever you call them.


I think that all babies are cute but sometimes I really can't stand what the parents do to their children. Sorry if any of you are one of those moms. Amy and I went through the whole thing looking at all of the babies and here are just a few of the ones that stood out to us as "WHAT?".
Could this girls bow be any bigger?


You can't even see this child's face because the flower covers it up. Who took that picture?


Amy said that this one looks like she's got a lillypad on her head. It does, it's weird. Turns out I know the dad of this baby. I really like him but I hate when the accessory overtakes the baby.


Why would you do this "fohawk" to your child?


Why do parents put flowers the size of JUPITER on their child's head?


This is actually a BOY!!! Yes a boy, you read right

Evidently, the "IN" thing right now is to 4 name your child. What's with that? Especially for a girl because eventually she'll have 5 names. Just to give you an idea:
Vetinia Penelope Sunday Cannon or
Konnor Kapono 'O Kalani Kirby.

6 comments:

Alisa and Paul said...

We saw this too and had a good laugh. We also enjoyed some of the names. Maybe because I am a teacher but I really don't think a name is more beautiful just because you through in a bunch of silent letters or try to be creative. It will never be spelled right any way. When did Cash become a name? Not cache like the rugged mountain man kind, the kind you spend. I guess we should consider Dinero, Bling, Mulla, Geetas, or Cha Ching.

We also loved the poor child with the flower on his little dingy aka pecker (Paul's words not mine) He is going to have some issues to face growing up. Poor fella.

Anonymous said...

I saw your Hallie in the paper when I checked all the baby's out in my parents HJ. We don't get the paper. I only thing I didn't care for this year, was their printer was off and made some of the pictures look horrible.

Amy and Micheal said...

I couldn't believe some of those head pieces (or "center pieces" for that poor boy) on those babies when we were looking at them! The sad thing is that you could have posted SO many more, but that may have taken all your blog space. Maybe it's just cause I don't have girls, but I still could never see myself sticking an Alice-in-Wonderland-sized flower on my baby's head. To me, it takes away from the baby. The first thing you focus on is not the baby, but the flower or bow on their head that looks like it was plagued by a chemical spill at the plant it was made at and began to super mutate.

Heather said...

Halle is the cutest! I loved reading your comments -- you crack me up!

Hope said...

Those pictures are so funny! I can't stand it when parents put those huge flowers on their poor girls (and in this case a boy too). Hope you are feeling better!

Foster Family said...

I'm dying!! You are hysterical! I can only imagine you and Amy looking through all those pictures. :) I'm about to show Steve and I'm already giggling at the comments I know he'll make about that poor little boy's floral arrangement.
I hope things are looking up for you and everyone is feeling better.