Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend

Awhhhh... how I love Thanksgiving. The smell of pies baking, turkey and all of the other joyous smells that come with this wonderful holiday. We went up to my parents' house in Cache Valley. Josh was in charge of pies. Ok, he offered to bring all the pies because he loves to bake. Did I mention he's an incredible cook? Don't believe me? Check out these pies.

His scrumptious apple pie.


The caramel pecan.


The pumpkin. Ok, these last 2 pictures were taken on our way out to my mom's and they had the saran wrap on them, so they don't look as good.


The chocolate with a layer of hot fudge on the bottom. Yum, yum, yummmy! Oh and he also made the whip cream for all of them. Not hard, I know but homemade is so much better than store bought.


Hals was not happy, to say the least. The only person she wanted to be with and would let hold her was Amy. That's a real shocker.


Jordan and Josh sitting in the living room, just being lazy. What else is new?


That face says, "mischief" all over it.


Kai is playing this game on the computer that Amy and I later became obsessed with and played for hours. It's called Brick Breaking. It's one of those free games on Yahoo and it's totally for kids but we loved it.


Amy and I were having a paparazzi frenzy. We just sat there and took pictures of each other taking pictures of the other one. Yes, we are sad.


Mom doing the dishes.

Mom getting mad that we keep taking pictures of her.

Mom covering up her face with the roaster pan. I guess she finally had enough.


Alright, she posed for just one more.


I already know that I am so dead for putting up this picture of Amy.... so if you don't hear from me for a while, it's because Amy beat me to death for posting this.


Halle LOVES grandma's homemade yogurt.


Amy made these cute little Thanksgiving papers for the kids to write down what they are thankful for. I think she had a little bit too much fun drawing those turkeys. She's so talented, I could never whip that up. The turkey would look like a maimed jackrabbit.

This is what Chloee said, "I'm thankful for scissors and knives." We kind of looked at each other like, that was a tad bit scary. She then went on later and said that she was thankful for Jesus, but she said it in some weird rapper voice. Also notice that her sheet says, Mom and Amy. I guess Josh didn't make the cut.


Kai filled out Halle's for her. Evidently, she is very thankful for family, as we are mentioned multiple times.


Dad downstairs watching something. Who knows, the parade he taped, a good old John Wayne western, or just trying to get Amy on a movie she's never seen.


My brother, Jordan, got this pool table at the DI for $15. Killer deal. We had 2 pool tournaments, complete with the brackets and $1 if you won the whole thing. I know, we're high rollers.


My mom made this yummy stuff. It is soft popcorn and then you bake it with something else on it. I don't know, I wasn't in the kitchen but I can tell you it was delicious and the kids loved it.


Most of us were sick with sore throats or were coming down with it. I swear, we've passed it between families probably a million times in the last 2 months. Anyway, mom made her throat soothing, Wassil.


Yep, we hit BLACK FRIDAY. Well, we is a relative term, Josh hit it. Susan told Amy bout how Sears' ad had the front load washer and dryer SET on for $599. The set was normally $1400. There were only 4 per store. Josh about died when he saw the price and we instantly decided to had to have them and that they'd be majority of our Christmas to each other.

Josh left at about 11:30 pm to go see if there was a line. Turns out there was one person in front of him, so he stayed to ensure that we get this steal of a deal. Yeah, they didn't open until 4 AM but he stuck it out in the cold, I'm pretty sure in the negatives, the weather of good old Cache Valley. Now, in my defense, I did offer to bring him a chair, hot cocoa, more clothes, a blanket... but he rejected all of those lavish things I just mentioned.


And now they are here. Safe and sound. Awh, I love doing laundry. Never thought I'd say that. On top of the great deal we got, the washer is eligible for an Energy Star rebate. Tack that extra $75 on top of what we already got them for, that makes it $525 for the pair and $262 a piece. Now we'll sell our old ones to help pay for the new ones.

OUT WITH THE OLD AND IN WITH THE NEW!

1 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

It looks like I have a deranged facial tic buried in there. Or the possibility that somewhere down a bloodline I inherited a piece of Quasimodo's genes. I'm not sure what's worse. Probably the latter, because that means the hunchback can't be far behind....

Seriously that is a great post, Kim! Those pies were absolutely delicious and I am so glad your husband loves to bake, while my waistline isn't as quite as grateful. I CAN'T believe you guys got that washer/dryer set for so cheap! That was hilarious to watch Josh get so excited and practically dash out the door as fast as he could. They look fabulous and I'm like you, I love something that gets me excited about housework. I think I need a vacuum....

I laughed so hard I spit my milk out when I read that part about Chloee being grateful for scissors and knives. That was the funniest thing! She is such a cutie! Ah, mom and her loathing of picture taking. She's a good sport to put up with us. Her cooking was delicious! It was so nice to just be together as a family. I loved it! I should have placed Micheal in a chair and tied a bib around him. He would love that! I think I'm just getting myself in more and more trouble with him. My black marks are starting to increase a ton!

Love that little Hallsies! She is hilarious!