Friday, November 18, 2011

50 First Dates

There are quite a few things to be said about Halle. She is stubborn, opinionated, has rage issues and that girl definitely knows what she does or does not like. Also, that girl has some serious stamina. Needless to say, she literally sucks every cell of energy from me, every day.


Every time Halle sees anyone, excluding myself, Josh and Chloee (and sometimes we're included in that group) you have to win over her love. Every. Time. My parents were staying here for a weekend. After a few hours, she warmed up to them and things were fine but once she went to sleep, that slate was wiped clean and she doesn't remember liking you the day before. She got up and wanted nothing to do with them and once again, you have to win her affection.

My dad worded this "trait" of hers well. He said it's like the movie, 50 First Dates. She can never remember who you are and if she likes you, all because she went to sleep. This works for naps as well. Truer words were never spoken. My dad hit it right on the head with that all too close to home analogy.

She is even like this with Amy sometimes. Which is weird, because she loves Amy more than me. If she naps on our way up to my mom's, then she will cry and wants nothing to do with anyone but after about 10 minutes, she'll cuddle up to Amy. Amy is pretty much the only person who can get her disarmed that fast.

Other family members think she's like that because she doesn't see them very often and that is why she is always so weary of them. I try to explain that the family she does see more often get this as well. I don't think they believe me. Sometimes she really hurts feelings.

I don't know what it is about her that makes her forget that she liked you before she went to bed or down for a nap but you do have to convince her that she does like you and sometimes that can take all day. My brother, Matt, tries all day sometimes and gets nowhere. I will admit that it is kind of funny because everyone tries so hard to persuade her to let them play with her. It's a game for my family, whoever can get her to hug them first, WINS!

I guess this all goes with her personality. I guess she figures that people should have to win her over and over and over again, you know, to truly show their dedication. She is a fun spit fire and I love all of her weird quirks. Amnesia or self induced forgetfulness, I still love her.

1 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

You silly goose! She does not love me more than you. She is attached at the hip. I love to see her with you. What a little cutie. I truly do see now that if I just give her an hour, she will warm up to me. I love it! She gives Drew Barrymore a run for her money.