Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My Luck May Be Changing

I went into RC Willey to get a movie that I got online. Every Wednesday, they do a wild web Wednesday. It's usually something new that has just released and I get it for $9. Good deal, no? I went in to get this...
The Lion King. I hate when Disney only releases things every so often. As I was walking in, I heard over the intercom that they would be doing another drawing at 7:15, which was in 15 minutes. When I went to the service desk to get my movie, I asked her what the drawing was for.

She told me that it was for anyone who got a VIP ticket, which was anyone who opened an RC Willey account or already had one. I never got a ticket but I already had an account so she gave me a ticket. I went up to the front to put my name in the drawing, when he told me that just for putting my name in, I get a bag of free stuff.
It had some knives, carpet/spot cleaner, a Serta sheep and a Christmas CD. I'm not going to complain, it was free and who doesn't love free? I know I do.

When I put my name in for the drawing they said I didn't have to be present to win. There were quite a few names in there. We were headed out when they said they were going to draw another winner. We were walking past the table when I hear the guy draw out someones name. We kept walking towards the doors when I heard him say, "Who is the other winner?" Suddenly, someone was saying, "Mam?" I turned around and he said, "Are you Kimberlee Adams?" Wow, was I actually winning? The gentleman said, "This guy says this is your ticket and you just put your name in minutes ago. Congratulations, you won!" He then handed me this:

A 19" flat screen TV. Yea, I was so happy, I almost cried. I never win anything. I couldn't believe that I won. It was the perfect ending to a HORRIBLE day. I thanked them repeatedly and then walked out before they could change their minds.

We came home and Chloee told me that she thinks the guys on the TV look like Shawn and Gus from Psych. Yep, sure do.

4 comments:

Alisa and Paul said...

That totally rocks! I am very happy for you. Isn't nice to cut a break every now and then. Now, keep the luck so you can sell you house and come up and play more. By the way, when can we get together again?

Alisa and Paul said...

That totally rocks! I am very happy for you. Isn't nice to cut a break every now and then. Now, keep the luck so you can sell you house and come up and play more. By the way, when can we get together again?

Alisa and Paul said...

How crazy, your blog must love me so much it wanted to publish my comment twice. It must think I am quiet profound.

Amy and Micheal said...

You have the BEST luck!! What are you talking about? You win stuff all the time! I'm the one that's always shafted. That is so sweet that you won that. I wish I could have been there to see your face! Now we need to watch something on it, eh?