Saturday, November 5, 2011

Good & Bad News

We are moving!

Well, let me rephrase that. We will move if and when this house sells. I don't know why I've waited so long to put this post up. Back in August, Josh got a new job. It's kind of a funny story.

Josh applied for a job in Logan back in July. Although we want to live in Cache Valley again, we haven't bothered applying for jobs there just because the money is significantly less than what we make out of the valley. To the point where we wouldn't be able to live on the salary.

I asked him why he was even wasting his time applying and we both agreed that it wouldn't go anywhere and we didn't think anything of it again. Two weeks later, he got a call for an interview. Once again, don't waste your time, right? Josh decides to go and see what the company is all about.

The interview goes well and 2 weeks later, they offered him the job. The money was good, considering how much Logan pays. Josh counter offered back on multiple accounts and they accepted every one of his request. Needless to say, we were ecstatic. I think I jumped up and down and screamed for many days.

Josh went and gave his two weeks at his job and by the end of August, he was working in Logan. He does this fantastic, fun commute from here, Layton, to North Logan, every day. The commute is sometimes an hour and a half, each way. That is 3 hours in the car a day and DON'T even get me started on the gas.

We are so excited to be going back to Logan. Amy is there now, my family is all up there, except Annie, who will never live here again, I'm sure. My OBGYN is up there, where I deliver my babies, everything.... I know the area and Josh and I feel like it's home.

What's the bad news you say? I bought this home at the HEIGHT of the housing market, in December 2007. As most people know, the market has tanked big time. I had all of the money that I put into this home from my last one home, which is about 35K, and I'm going to lose it all. The market is THAT bad and I might end up owing. The market is ugly and it is flooded with short sales and foreclosures.

The commute is killing Josh. I guess I'm just putting it all in The Lord's hands. We got the job and the money we needed, which is a miracle, so I have to believe that the house will sell when it is supposed to.

On the up side, my house is always clean because I'm showing it at least 4 times a week.

8 comments:

Heather said...

It's been fun to catch up on your blog! Sending prayers for the house stuff. How awesome to be heading closer to family. What would we all do without those people? Heavenly Father knows his stuff. :-) Love you!

thejohnmfamily said...

I hope your house sells soon. We lost money in TX because we bought in 2007 too, and then sold last summer. It's strange to take money to closing on your own home, but hopefully it works out well for you guys!

Abby Fowers said...

I will be so sad when your house sells, but I will happy for you guys to be in Cache Valley. It's beautiful there. Maybe one day I'll convince Nate to buy a farm there! I would love it! You guys are the best neighbors! :)

Mandy said...

Yeah!!! So happy you're coming back to happy valley!! I hope it sells soon!!!

The Johnson's said...

Good luck selling your house!! I hope it sells quickly and you make what you need to. So fun that you will be back up here--hopefully we can see you sometime!

Emily + Eric said...

*sigh*
Isn't it awesome having your home on the market thrown in with all of the foreclosures and short sales? I totally love it.

They're climbin' in your windows, snatchin' your people up.....

How's this for a random comment?

Amy and Micheal said...

Hide your kids... Hide your wife....

Ah ha ha ha!! Can't stop laughing. If I was a millionaire I would buy your house and build you a brand spankin new one on the lot next to me. If only. I will settle for someone else buying your home ASAP so you guys can get back up here by us!!

Hide your husbands too.....

Alisa and Paul said...

Ah heck I am a million aire i will by your house at top dollar and a house here in College Ward if you will only come sooner. you guys are the greatest good luck.