Thursday, October 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Amy!!!

Happy Birthday Amy!!! The big 28! Woot woot!!!

I love you to death. Here are the top 10 reasons I love you and have decided to keep and continue to claim you as my sister! Ha ha!

1. You are one of the most selfless people I have ever known. You would do ANYTHING for anyone without the blink of an eye. I know you would give the shirt off your back to help anyone else in need.

2. You forgave me of my $1,000,000 debt to you about "The Bear" or "Masterpiece Theater". I can't quite remember which one it was, I just remember you wiped my debt clean.

3. You amaze me more and more each day. Your strength and faith is unbelievable. The way you have such a positive outlook on everything is truly a strength to many! You have touched so many lives and I'm sure many more to come.

4. You didn't completely ruin my bladder when we were kids, just almost made it so that I have to wear a diaper at such an early age. Thank you for stopping, I really owe ya!

5. You are so incredibly funny! Every moment spent with you is full of laughter. I always have a gut ache after I've been with you because I laughed so hard. Your wit is amazing and it only got better after you married Micheal. Never a dull moment with you, never!!!

6. You have always loved me despite all of the many, awful flaws I have. Even when I was not very nice to you in my teenage years. You have always stood up for me and been a great support to me, even when I didn't deserve it.

7. The love you have for Micheal (even before he died) is like nothing I have ever seen before. Your relationship together was amazing. Susan said the same thing, that it was like a relationship she'd never seen before either.

8. You have so much patience. Patience... a characteristic I do not possess. You must have taken it all out of the gene pool when you came down and left none for me. Thanks a lot! You do have so much patience and it shows in your everyday life.

9. You taught me fashion. You always took me shopping with you when you were 16 and I was only 13 and helped me pick out cute clothes. You always let me tag along with you. You were the best big sister. Oh, and you taught me how to steel Annie's clothes and wear them to school and then put them back in her dirty clothes hamper. Oh... Annie is laughing so hard if she's reading this right now!

10. You are such a people person. You could talk to anyone, someone you didn't even know for an hour (as I'm sure Micheal knows all too well). People are drawn to you and your personality. You are extremely genuine and that seems like such a rare character trait these days. You have a knack for making friends and you make them fast. Your smile and laugh is contagious. I'm sure that was just one of the many things that attracted Micheal to you.

Chance made you my sister,
Love made you my friend!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful post to Amy :) The reason Mel was only half dressed is cause she has a hard time crawling in pj's with feet, she always gets caught up in them, so I left them unbuttoned so she could get around easier :)

Karen said...

Love this post Kim! You two are a couple of nuts, but you are wonderful for each other. Amy is indeed fantastic.

Marcus said...

That's why I always had so many dirty clothes in my laundry. HA Ha I thought only Amy stole them. Now the truth comes out.

Love you

Annie

Renae Williams said...

This post was hilarious and also outstanding in love and faith. What mother wouldn't be happy and proud of three wonderful daughters who make me laugh, smile and cry all at the same time? My girls, how I miss all of you!

The Over Family said...

What a great post, Kim! I, like you, love and admire Amy. You two are such great sisters and I love it how you are such great friends!

Amy and Micheal said...

You are too sweet! I am so touched by this post and laughed so hard as well. Ah, the memories.... Micheal loves to hear all about my youth and how much of my craziness manifested so early. I'm sure he's finding out all too much about me now! I love you so much, my dear sistah! We've been through a lot the last 25 years. Ups and downs and everything in between it seems. But what a journey it has been, and what even more of a journey awaits us. The joy of an eternal family. The four of us will be together again and what a joyous reunion it shall be! I love you! You are the best!

Heather said...

This post makes me want to cry. You're sister sounds amazing and I think you're amazing too. Perhaps it's genetic! :-) Happy birthday to your sister!