Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Swine Flu, H1N1, Total Crapola...

Whatever you want to call it, it sucks! Sunday I came down with the wonderful Swine Flu. I was running a fever of 103 - 105 degrees all fetching day. I had the wicked cough, the fever, throwing up and other things that are not okay to write on this blog to the public.

I had stayed home from church because I didn't feel great. It only got worse, then I couldn't get a hold of Josh. I called Amy because of other matters that needed to be dealt with. She talked to me until I could get a hold of him. I tried to sleep it off, the chills set in the headache only got worse with the fever. Josh came upstairs and told me that Amy was at our house. She is such a sweetie. She drove an hour up to our house to help me. She is my best girlfriend. She seriously is so good to me, I don't even deserve it.

Josh took me to the Insta-Care. Sure enough, good old piggy flu. Evidently the "miracle" drug of Tamiflu is on a shortage from the recent high demand. We had to drive to Kaysville to get it. It was the closest pharmacy that had it. I call it a miracle drug because if you get it early enough on, it cuts the flu down from 5 days to like 2. Not joking, it is amazing.

Amy took me and the girls back down with her to her house so that Josh could still work. Her boys have already had it. See what I mean, she is so good to me. She's been taking care of my girls for the past 2 days while I lay around and do nothing. Oh and today she made me laugh so hard that I threw up. Don't worry, she told me, "Make sure you hit the floor!" (I was laying in her bed), which only made me laugh even harder. ;)

NEVER A DULL MOMENT!

4 comments:

spemberly.blogspot.com said...

I'm sorry you've been so sick. Amy is so sweet! I hope you get feeling better and I hope your girls don't get it.

Heather said...

Holy cow! I'm so sorry you've been so sick! Thank goodness for good family, good drugs, and lots of sleep! Let me know if you need anything. Can I make you dinner one night?

Maren said...

Of all the things to catch, huh?! I'm paranoid of getting that thing. I'm glad you are feeling better! Bless Amy!

Amy and Micheal said...

I'm just so glad that you are feeling better! We had a blast having you and the girls come down for a few days. It was nice to just lounge in our pj's all day and try to sleep, when instead we got off on a laughing fit and I made you throw up instead! I still feel so bad about that!! I can't believe that we were laughing so hard about NOTHING! What a great memory that will be. I'm sure Micheal is just dying (no pun intended) :) Love ya, Sistah!!