Monday, October 5, 2009

Incredible Thought

“Our challenges, including those we create by our own decisions, are part of our test in mortality. Let me assure you that your situation is not beyond the reach of our Savior. Through Him, every struggle can be for our experience and our good (see D&C 122:7). Each temptation we overcome is to strengthen us, not destroy us. The Lord will never allow us to suffer beyond what we can endure (see 1 Corinthians 10:13). “We must remember that the adversary knows us extremely well. He knows where, when, and how to tempt us. If we are obedient to the promptings of the Holy Ghost, we can learn to recognize the adversary’s enticements. Before we yield to temptation, we must learn to say with unflinching resolve, ‘Get thee behind me, Satan’ (Matthew 16:23).”

Robert D. Hales, “Becoming Provident Providers Temporally and Spiritually,” Ensign, May 2009, 7

3 comments:

Karen said...

Fantastic thought Kim. So true. There are definitely times in life where you have to sit back and tell yourself..."All right. This would not be happening if I couldn't handle it." I've also found over and over again in my life that there are actually things I can't handle alone and what a blessing it is for me to realize at those times how much I need my Father in Heaven and the Savior. Their strength, perspective, and wisdom carry me through. Thanks for sharing.

Sandstone Writings said...

Thanks for the reminder of a great conference talk. I needed it!

Amy and Micheal said...

What a beautiful thought. I know this one well, it feels like. The Lord has blessed me with so much strength, but I must also remember that I cannot do it all on my own. I must rely on Him to help me. This life is so wonderful with the knowledge that we have that it is but a moment. I've already got the greatest person waiting for me on the other side. So, this life is a great time for me to accomplish many things and be a faithful servant, and I will be beyond ready to move on to mine and Micheal's eternity. I can't wait to see him again!