Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Biggest Accomplishment Ever

I have never been able to swallow pills. It has been such a pain all my life, you have no idea. The only person who truly knows is my mom because she's got the same problem. I have heard it all, yada yada... "you swallow food bigger than the pill" blah, blah blah. Just this past year I have been able to swallow really small pills, which is a huge accomplishment for me because I've never been able to even do that. Now that I have to take some meds everyday, I've gotten a little bit better at it.

Today was the big accomplishment. I have these huge pills from my oral surgeon because I have an infection in my mouth. I can't swallow them, they are huge and the stuff inside the capsules is disgusting, I threw it up. Well, today I was finally able to swallow that huge pill (as shown above) and not even with water or anything, just shoved it in with a chewed up string cheese and swallowed. I was so proud, I had to document it! A whole new world has opened up for me!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate swallowing pills also. When I tilt my head back, it's like I freak out that I'm going to choke on them. It's amazing that you were able to do that without anything to drink. I doubt I'll ever be able to swallow a pill that big.

Marcus said...

Your Awesome!!!! I'm so glad you can swallow pills now. Convince mom she can do it too. The trick must be the cheese stick. Your rock!!!

Annie :)

Amy and Micheal said...

Way to go, Kim!! I hope that it keeps up for you. I wish that I could give you some of my swallowing power. I feel guilty of taking so much of it. Who would've ever thought that string cheese could do the trick? And those pills are MASSIVE! I know how difficult even the tiny ones are for you. Woo woo!