Monday, March 29, 2010

Chicken Pox???

On Friday the 19th, Halle went in and got her 1 year shots, as seen in a previous post. The very next day, Josh got his appendix out. We came home on Sunday and picked up the girls on Monday from my Mom. Tuesday night I threw my back out and neither of us could lift Halle up due to injuries. Mine was because of something very stupid that I did, at least Josh had surgery.

My ever so loving sister surprised me and showed up Wednesday morning. She stayed here and cleaned my house, took care of Hals and then took her home with her that afternoon. She is a lifesaver. I don't know what I'd do without her. It made my whole day just to see her. She knew I was coming down on Saturday for the baby shower, so I could just pick Halle up then.

My visiting teachers brought us dinner on Wednesday and Thursday night. The only reason they even knew was because they were coming to visit me on Wednesday when I was sending Halle away with Amy.

I picked up Halle on Saturday. Oh how I missed her. Sunday morning she had 3 spots on her face, I thought they were just a rash from how she was sleeping. She was fine but she did run a fever Saturday night. Then, I went in this morning to get her from bed and the spots are all over her body. I just stood there and cried. I remember my Dr saying that 1/35 kids breakout around where the shot was from the chicken pox vaccine. I talked to the nurse this morning about it and she said to bring her in.

I wanted to cry, I had taken her to church and all of those people are now exposed. Lucky for me, which never happens.... it is NOT the chicken pox!!! He took one look at her and said that it's a reaction from the MMR vaccine that causes a rash over their whole body. Only 1/50 kids get it. Eh... we can't beat those odds. He said it comes about 7-12 days after the shot, well we're on day 10, perfect timing. There's nothing you can do for it. I just have to watch for a spiking fever, don't let her itch it very much and make sure it goes away in 2-3 days. For once, I feel like my luck isn't so bad. Granted, she did break out in the rash but at least it's not chicken pox!!!

2 comments:

Bob and Marie said...

You guys should play the lottery. Seriously.

Amy and Micheal said...

When you told me that, I kept thinking "no way, there is just NO way!" Thank heavens that it was at not the worst thing, just a rash. That might push some parents over the edge while I bet you all but snuggled up to that rash.