Sunday, February 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Halle

The Birthday Girl!!!
I can't believe that Halle turned 2 on Sunday, February 20th. I LOVE this picture of her.


At first, I was really bummed out that her bday fell on a Sunday, then Josh pointed out that it couldn't have been a better day for Halle. Her FAVORITE thing is to go to nursery. She asks for it all week. He was right. Also, it was great because Josh was actually able to be home. She wore this cute little dress Amy gave her for her birthday.


And of course, the dress is not complete without NEW shoes. Josh thinks she looks like Dorthy from the Wizard of Oz. Duh, her shoes aren't red.


She loved all of the attention.... understatement!


I made Halle an Elmo cake. She loves Elmo, well, she really loves the babies in Elmo. When she wants to watch one of the DVDs we have, she asks for "Baby Elmo". When she saw the cake, she screamed, "BABY ELMO". I was very pleased, at least she knew what it was.


My hands were stained purple from cleaning out the black frosting bag. The dye just covered my hands and it didn't go away for a few days.


Would a birthday really be complete without some rough housing with dad? I think not!


I told Halle when she was going down for her nap that when she woke up, she'd be able to open presents. She commented with, "Santa Claus come to my house?" Interesting that she associates presents with Santa. Christmas must still be on the brain.


She had so much fun opening her presents. It was fun to watch her, it was also fun to watch Chloee get so bent out of shape about the fact that Halle wasn't opening them fast enough.


Halle thinks she's a doctor.


Halle's new swimming suit. Compliments of Josh. He's been wanting one of these for the girls for forever. He's in love with the rash guard. Works for me, less sunscreen and sunburns that I have to worry about.


Anybody who knows Halle, knows that there are 2 things in the world that she LOVES:
Babies...

and bubbles. That baby crawls around on the floor. When it stopped, Halle couldn't get it to go again so she kicked it. Can we all say, RAGE ISSUES!


Singing Happy Birthday!!!

She blew out the candle, with a little help from Dad.


Yeah, she just dug her face right into it.


That is so a Halle face, through and through.


Why not put our faces in together?


Yeah, they look a bit scary with all that red frosting around their mouths. Yes, it did stain their faces.


Could that piece be any bigger? Yes, we unhinged her jaw to get it in.


One thing I hate about taking pictures is that you are NEVER in them. You are always behind the camera 99% of the time.


We call this the Koala/Monkey. She can wrap her legs and arms around you like some wild animal in the jungle in survival mode. One time she clung to my leg and had wrapped her arms and legs around me so tight that I could walk around with her on my thigh and she never fell off.


On Tuesday I was up at my mom's for an appt and she gave Halle her present then. She was very excited, as was Chloee.
It was a baby, with TONS of accessories along with this cute cradle / rocker thing that she just fell in love with. My mom also made her a blanket for her baby out of the material she made Halle's Christmas blanket out of. Hall loves that they have matching blankets.

On Monday, I went to Kathy's and they had balloons, cake, party decorations and so forth. Halle loved every minute of it. Josh's mom also took us all out to see Gnomeo and Juliet for Halle's birthday. We had a grand old time!

2 comments:

Bob and Marie said...

What a fun birthday for a special girl! Can't believe she's two already. Wow. The cake you made is adorable. Looks better than any store bought cake I've ever seen! Glad she had a fun day!

Amy and Micheal said...

Oh that little munchkin! I can't believe she is two!! When did that happen?!?! That cake looks GREAT Kim, and I love the red blood frosting mouths of your two girls! They been reading a bit of Twilight or something? Ha ha! Happy birthday little Miss Halle!! We love you so much!!