Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Silver Beaver

Yes, this is in fact a beaver on a necklace. My mom received The Silver Beaver award on Friday, February 4th. It is a scouting award and very prestigious.


Someone in my mom's ward nominated my mom for the Trapper Trails district. I don't really know how that works. They picked her for her region. There were 58 people who got it that night. That included Utah, Idaho and Wyoming. She deserves it, although she'd say differently. I can't even count how much my mom has done in scouting. I know she's been in it for over 22 years.


Here she is receiving her award.


As each person went up to receive the award, their slide came up on the screen with their pictures of their family and pictures of them scouting. Out of all 58, my mother's was the only one whose slide did not show up. Somehow her slide got put at the end and it was just a blank screen as she was getting her award. Obviously, I snapped this shot when they found hers at the end of the slide show. They also went right over a slide that was made in honor of Micheal. I think some high school kid was running the computer. After all, it was at Box Elder High School.


Mom with all of her neat stuff she got. We had quite the night. If you want to laugh your pants off about it, read Amy's blog. I can't begin to write all of that... highlights...
Kai puked 2 blocks from the high school, the kids fought through the entire thing, Halle had to be taken out multiple times, Amy's kids, specifically Kennet did lots of stuff that almost caused Amy to be bald by the time it was over because she was about to pull out all of her hair.


Oh, the Hallsies giving grandpa kisses!


My mom and dad (and evidently Halle) with my mom's parents. They came down for the award assembly. Grandpa is so funny, I was teasing my mom that it's her Williams genes that gave her bad luck and that's why her slide was empty on her turn. My grandpa corrected me and said, "Oh no, those are Robinette genes." I guess I have my mom to blame for my bad luck!


Halle sneaking a cookie.


Here we all are, except Josh, I made him take the picture. My grandparents had already left at this point.


Mom and grandma chuckling over something funny, I'm sure.


My "crazy" eyes. Amy was taking the picture and wanted to hurry and run after my grandparents so she could get a picture with them. This is my "hurry and do it faster" face.


Us with the lady of the evening. (Yes, I stole that from you, Amy!)


The girls.... I'm so proud of you mom. You deserve this award just as much as anybody else. Congratulations and you've earned it.


Yes, Chloee looks like she has a stache. She in fact does not. She had a cold, she had blown her nose so much that it was completely raw.


Had to get a picture of us. One for documentation that I do actually, periodically put on makeup and go out of the house.

4 comments:

The Johnson's said...

Hey I can see the Silver Beaver award in your future---you were a killer Wolf leader with me!! HA HA You know I'm serving in scouts (I'm the Scout Committee Chairman so with BOY SCOUTS)--can't say it's my favorite job, but it's a lot better than a lot of other ones...ha! Congrats to your mom!

Renae Williams said...

Thanks for the post Kimberlee. It was definitely quite an eventful evening with everything that went on. Actually glad it is all over and could my face possibly be any more red? My signature mark I guess. Love you!

Bob and Marie said...

What a great post. Pretty awesome accomplishment for your mom. I"m glad you guys were able to go and have such a 'memorable' evening. I'm surprised Amy made it out in one piece. What a night.

The picture of you and Josh is great. You are beautiful.

Amy and Micheal said...

A night to remember... in all sorts of hilarious, frightening and smelly ways! I'm so proud of mom!