Thursday, February 10, 2011

Super Bowl Mania

The super bowl was interesting. We went up to my parents' house. Every year we do a "pool" if you will, really my parents just supply the money though. All of us draw a number out of a hat and at the end of each quarter the scores from each team added up and the last number of that number, wins. Like if the score was 13-22, then the total score would be 35, so whoever got 5 would win. It was $5 for each quarter. Josh won the first, my girls won the second and I won the third quarter. Amy's boys won the 4th. We pretty much swept the whole thing!

There were some funny highlights:

- The fact that we won 3 out of the 4 quarters, as mentioned above.

- Amy was staying at my parents' house because she went right up there after my mom got her silver beaver award on Friday. Amy asked me to come help her pack up her stuff. I walked in the room and there was stuff everywhere, then she said, "It's worse than it looks!" What she clearly meant by that was, "It looks worse than it is". I couldn't stop laughing.

- Both Josh and Amy took naps during the big game. My dad took a blanket off of Amy and put it on Josh. I don't know why but I still can't stop laughing about that one. My dad told Amy that there was one on the back of her chair. Why didn't he just take that one and put it on Josh.

-We left the infamous BRUCE, the shark, hiding in my mom's bed. That thing has gone between houses and the mail for almost a year now. I would have loved to have seen the look on her face.

-The food... I love sandwiches and delicious lunch meat along with muenster cheese! Awwwwhhh.....

-Getting to watch my husband's look-a-like play football for the Green Bay Packers. Awesome!

3 comments:

Bob and Marie said...

Sounds like a blast. I know why Micheal loved going over there every Sunday. I think it is hilarious that your dad took a blanket off Amy to put it on Josh. I don't think he should live that one down for a while.

Amy and Micheal said...

You guys robbed us all blind! I demand a recount! Or you can just hand it all over to us. I think that works best, no?

Amy and Micheal said...

And stole my blanket! Well, I guess dad technically did. Who cares, they're BOTH on my black list! :)