Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

Alright, for Valentine's Day we did something really fun for Chloee's Valentines for school. My friend, Cindy, showed me it on one of her family members blogs. I loved the idea. It is so cute, simple and very personal. I love how it looks like she is actually giving the sucker to the recipient.

I was trying to get a good picture of it but my flash was annoying me. So here I am, posting multiples of the valentine.


The one on our fridge.


Chloee was so excited to give these out to her class, she couldn't even sleep the night before and she came in my room very early in the morning.


Chloee made me this cute valentine in school.


The girls got pillow pets for their Valentine's Day present. Chloee has been asking for one for the longest time. Since Chloee has been asking for one, Halle wants one too!


Chloee's is the bunny, which I have been informed, its name is Fluffy. Hals' is the ladybug. No name for that one as of yet.


Who would have thought, a regular bunny...


Now a pillow! Amazing, I know. Genius really. I only wish I had been the idiot to invent these cause they are super popular and every kid has one I swear.


These are "knock off" pillow pets. Got them off of ebay for much cheaper. They aren't as big either, which is nice because both of the girls can haul them around. They are just the right size.

Josh and I did absolutely NOTHING fun. I was sick, so we are celebrating this weekend. Oh, we did go and get bunk beds for the girls. We went without kids because my friend watched them, so I guess we did do something, we got to go shopping without children. That really is a treat all by itself. We didn't have to keep Halle from screaming and breaking someone's ear drum. We didn't have to chase them both all around the store. We didn't have to buy something they ruined or broke. We took our time and didn't leave the store panting from complete exhaustion. We didn't leave wanting to crawl in a hole and die from absolute embarrassment either. Now that I look at it, we really treated ourselves that night.

5 comments:

Bob and Marie said...

What an adorable idea for Valentines! I love it! And it turned out perfectly. Only you could have pulled the photo off that perfectly. It really looks like she is just handing you the sucker. Awesome.

Sarah got a pillow pet for Christmas and she loves it.

Sure looking forward to seeing you for Kai's baptism.

Alisa and Paul said...

Teaching school I see a lot of creative ideas but that is so adorable! I love how it is personalized. You are such a great mom to help her with that!

Mark and Jessica said...

That is the cutest idea. I love it, I'll have to remember that when Kelton is in school! Hope you are doing great!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

I love the idea of the valentine suckers! SOO CUTE! What a fun day! I think my son has a crush on a girl in my ward and it was soo sweet to see that he wanted to give her a valentine. ! awww young love!

Amy and Micheal said...

Those are adorable!! I wish I would have remembered and gotten them done for the boys. But I was lucky to remember the day before, nay, the night before that the next day was Valentines! I bet everyone in Chloee's class loved them. And what a cute picture too!