Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I Had A Birthday...

Shout Hooray! You know that old primary song? Well, they still sing it. "You had a birthday, shout hooray!" Which is what I did all day long. The best present EVER was that Josh took the day off of work. I got to sleep in, shower without anyone bugging me, get dressed and ready at a leisurely pace and got to go shopping without children screaming and hanging all over me. Any mom out there who says that's not the best present ever... doesn't have children like mine. :)

A flower delivery man came and dropped these off in the afternoon. They are from my sweet sister, Amy. The girls were obsessed with the balloon and it did cause many a fights.


You can't really tell in this picture but these are treasure map clues. Chloee and Josh hid all of my presents all over the house and these had the clues to each one. It was very cute and Chloee had the hardest time not telling me where the next one was.


The girls made me cards.


One of the gifts Josh got me was a book on how to make Cake Pops. I asked for this book because I thought it'd be fun to try.


My sweet friend, Melissa, watched the kids that night so we could go out to eat. She is so good to us. She watched our kids even though her husband was out of town. 6 kids all on her own. She's crazy for offering but we did take her up on it.


We went to Texas Roadhouse. It was very good.


After we went back to pick up the girls at Melissa's and had cake. Well, cake is a relative term. I don't like cake. Josh made me some exquisite NY baked cheesecake and I have to say, it is the best one he's done in all the years.


Yum, Yum!


Sure, why not reinact what Josh did on our wedding day with the cake?


I had a lot more cake on my face then and I was sniffing pieces of cake for a few hours. This time, not so bad.


Josh's "blue steel" face from Zoolander.


All in all, I had a great day. It was sunny outside and I had lots of hugs and kisses from my girls. Josh did a lot to make my day special and I am so appreciative of him.

Here's to getting older! Even though people still think I'm 16. Maybe I'll like that more when I'm 40. I have a baby face and I'm super short. Since I've gotten fatter though, it hasn't happened as much. Nice.

1 comments:

thejohnmfamily said...

That really is the best birthday present ever. My 2 favorite days of the year are Mother's Day and my birthday because John lets me sleep in and takes the kids. Happy Birthday--it looks like you had tons of fun!