Saturday, June 25, 2011

Momma Bird

The park strip out in front of our house doesn't have grass, it's all rocks. Just one more thing we don't like about this house. Anyway, there is a bird who is always sitting in the park strip, chirping at everyone who comes near. I finally got close enough to see that she had eggs that totally blended in with the rocks. You can see them in this picture but you couldn't pick them out without seeing her there chirping everyone away.

Some dumb little neighbor kids thought it was funny to come and tease the bird and to try and touch her eggs. I had to scream at them to keep them away but in the end, I think they smashed them with a rock and thought they were funny. The momma bird looked like that bird, "Mikey" from Surf's Up. It had the long, skinny legs.

I miss hearing her chirp and I'm sad that the moronic neighbor kids couldn't leave her alone. I really don't like some kids, which makes me now like their parents. That may be wrong but true, nonetheless.

1 comments:

Alisa and Paul said...

Man that does stink! What bad luck. On a side note: I don't know how you do it but you always seem to share your misfortune in such an entertaining way. How do you do that? Anyhow, I feel for you.