Tuesday, June 28, 2011

$200 In The Trash, Literally

Okay, not totally literally, it's not like I took a couple of $100 bills and threw it in the garbage. Josh was out of town in Iowa and I had gone down to visit a friend in Provo for the day and night. I was gone for about 24 hours, came home and found I had barely left the fridge open. Of course, I had turned the AC off, so the house was super hot. Everything in the fridge had to be thrown out. It stunk so bad. Cheese had melted to almost nothing and everything was hot, not just not cold, or warm, it was hot.

Of course, we had just gone grocery shopping a few days before. Why couldn't something like this happen when our fridge is empty and we desperately need to go grocery shopping and you wouldn't really be losing much? I figured it out and I threw out around $200 worth of food. It was horrible. I sat on the floor, cried then proceeded to throw everything out. I guess it was a good opportunity to deep clean the fridge.

1 comments:

The Johnson's said...

Oh I feel your pain!! This has happened to us too--the fridge BROKE while we were out of town. We lost everything and it smelled horrible. We don't have very good luck with fridges--remember me putting my stuff in yours was it once or twice? ha Our freezer doesn't stay cold enough as it is so I just use the one in the garage right now, someday when I get some money (ha ha ha) I'll get a new one! So sorry!