Thursday, June 30, 2011

The New and Oh-So Improved

The old... wood rotted, sliver inducer, ready to break at any moment, swing set. This was here when we moved in. I don't know how long the former owners had it either. We've been meaning to sand it down and repaint it for years now and it has only gotten worse over the years.

We've been talking about building off of it and adding more wood to make it more stable and change it but then I saw a good deal on one. That specific one would have been right around the same amount to change it. We then decided on a different one and then I waited for a good sale. I heard the store does big sales around the 4th of July. I waited and got it for 30% off. Wahooooo!!!


Here it is! It is so nice and the girls love it. They wanted $500 to set it up. Are you kidding me? Not that Josh ever would have paid it, even it had been much less than that but $500, who are they kidding? It took an entire week of him coming home from work, eating dinner and working on it until it was dark. I helped too, picked out the parts and hardware. I know, sounds hard but I also entertained the kiddos while he was setting it up.


The rock climbing wall.


The little dining area. The girls love sitting on these bar stools, eating lunch and playing restaurant.


The clubhouse. Equipped with pretty flowers.


2 swings and the glider.


The ladder on the other side of the clubhouse.


The sandbox area. We still need to put sand in there.


The cool curvy slide.


The girls love it. They sit up there with their sleeping bags, pillows, books and candy. They stay up there and giggle together and come down for reinforcements once in a while.

It has been the best purchase, no slivers, more to do and it isn't going to break underneath my children's feet any day. Plus a fabulous babysitter.

2 comments:

The Johnson's said...

This looks so fun!! Josh did a great job, by the way! :-) (oh and you too keeping kids busy while Daddy's work isn't an easy task!)

Alisa and Paul said...

I think I want that for me! That really does look like fun. You are such a cute mom.