Saturday, October 13, 2007

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly!

Wait, isn't that the title from a movie? Well now it is the title for Kimberlee Adams' Thursday from Hell!

THE GOOD:
A few days ago some girls from my ward that are on the x-country team came by and asked if we'd like to donate to their team. Seeing as how my dad is one of the coaches and I used to run, I felt like they came to see me for a reason. I bought 2 raffle tickets at $5 each. I guess the prize was a treadmill, that would be cool!!! OK, so I didn't win the treadmill but I did win 3rd place which was $30 to Firehouse Pizzeria. I was so ecstatic when my dad called to tell me I won (not rigged, just in case you think that sounds fishy). I came out $20 ahead, yeah I never win ANYTHING!!!!

THE BAD:
That time of the month, enough said! (Sorry for any pathetic man that is reading this and just got grossed out by that, blah and buck up.)

THE UGLY:
Chloee has molars coming through and one of them was scarred over with blood on top. Long story short, she fell off of the table (an every day occurrence for her) and slammed her cheek on the tile. Blood started oozing out and she's screaming, I'm on the phone with my mom screaming and I was a nightmare. It wouldn't stop bleeding and then I noticed that it looked like her tooth was chipped and digging into her cheek, it looked all sorts of messed up in there. I was freaking out and called this pediatric dentist in Providence and they were so wonderful and told me he could see me if I came in right then.

I, not caring about anything but getting there as soon as possible and stopping the bleeding, went with wet hair, stained pajama pants, an old shirt for pajamas, NO bra, no makeup, I mean the works. Not that I would have done all that before taking my screaming, bloody child to the dentist but Chloee was still in her jammies with blood everywhere and snot running everywhere from crying, we were in rare form when they saw us walk in that door.

I had to hold her hands and lean her back so that he could look at her. First, he thought it was part of her tooth too but come to find out it was a piece of skin so callused over on top of her tooth that when she hit the tile it flipped the skin over and shoved it into her gums. It was like a glass shard in her mouth jammed into her gums and shredding away at her cheek were it was touching it, hence all the blood. He pulled it out, I was bawling, she was bawling and there was a huge gaping hole left in her gums. It was not fun and she couldn't eat sweet, sour or spicy foods for 48 hours because of the hole it left. OK, that didn't end up being so short but it was an awful morning for us but we survived.

When we got home and I was still crying (I know, I'm a baby). I said to Chloee, "Mommy wasn't very brave today" and she shook her head and said, "No!" Then I said, "But you were brave weren't you?" and she nodded her head and said, "Yeah!" What? You have got to be kidding me? Oh well, she knew the truth, I was a mess.

2 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

Oh Kim, Kim, Kim. The things that you and poor little Chloee have to go through. Chloee's is all the physical and you get emotional end of the stick. Sorry about such a bad day, but hey, now you can go have a bunch of free pizza!!

Glad the toots is okay!

Anonymous said...

how awful! It's so scary to see your child suffering! I remember the first time Seth got a head wound (they bleed forever) He walked right into my in'laws fifth wheel trailer (the part that hangs down so you can hook it in the back of the truck) He got a cut on the top of his forehead.....I bawled also.