Sunday, July 6, 2008

"The 4th of July Race"

Before you think I'm some harsh mother that made her 2 year old run a 2.2 mile "fun run", I thought and was told it was only 1 mile. Thanks Stacie, I blame you! Every year the kids run this "Country Mile" and Chan does it too. Stacie talked me into having Chloee do it earlier on this year and she assured me it was only 1 mile. Chan has ran it 2 other years and she has always thought it was only a mile. Tells you how well she knows distance, just kidding Stac! Well, we were already registered when I found out and I was so worried that she wouldn't finish or that she would scream the entire time.


Seriously, how stinking cute do they look with their little numbers on?


Here's Chlo with her little trainer, Rach, who stayed with her the entire time so that she wouldn't be alone.

There are a lot of pictures in this post but I couldn't help but put every adorable picture in here. Here they are, just after they started the race.... and they're off!


Jake came in 1st for the Country Mile and did a fine job!


These are all for Stacie. Chandler was AMAZING, to say the least. He is only 4 and ran the ENTIRE thing and finished the 2.2 miles in 28 minutes. I believe that was his time, it could have been less. That's smokin! The people were all clapping and saying, "Check out that kid, how old is he? Wow!". It was really neat to see him come in. I wish you could have seen it Stacie! Amanda ran with him the whole time and said he was singing songs and was chipper and upbeat through the whole race!


A good shot of Cody. He took 2nd in his division. A very nice, strong finish Cody! He and Tami are training for the TOU Marathon. They both did the 10K, so you know... a little bit more than the Country Mile!


I had to post all of these pictures of her. I was just so PROUD of her when I saw her coming around the corner to the finish line. Tears streamed down my face as I watched her face and what a great accomplishment my little girl had made. It was as though everything and everyone else disappeared, time stopped and the only person I could see was Chloee and the beaming smile on her face as she yelled, "Mommy"! It was a very NEAT experience and I felt like I was the proudest parent there. I couldn't control my emotions and I can't even now, as I write about it. It was a feeling indescribable, an emotion I think I had never felt, an overwhelming rush of love and a million other things that made me feel what I was feeling as she accomplished something so big for a little 2 year old. She ran/walked the entire thing and even though it did take her 55 minutes, she never quit, she never wanted to be held, she did it all on her own and THAT is something I love about this little girl's personality. She NEVER, NEVER, NEVER gives up! I love you Chloee and am so proud of you!!!

Yes, Chan was sooo happy to have his picture taken. I thought it was hilarious, Stacie... not so much!


The group of runners! Oh yes, and Kathy ran with the kids the whole time and pushed them, you know gave them pep talks, she was a great support. Thanks, Kathy!


Grandma giving Chloee a "I'm so proud of you, congrats hug".


The 2 little running buds sharing food after the race!


Josh and Rhyder, the cheer leading squad. Ok, so they both ran/walked it with everyone else but still it's a cute picture of them together.


Baby Rhyder is constantly being smothered in kisses from Chloee. She adores that cute, little chunk, as does everyone else who comes in contact with him!

11 comments:

Jenny said...

How fun is that and so cute :) Maybe Chloee will run on the cross country team in HS! Why weren't you out there running Kim? j/k :) I know a mom's got to take pictures!
Thanks for the parade pics, that is one thing we missed this 4th of July because we were up camping! Looks like the water slide was a lot of fun also....creative idea.

Sorry about your little run in....it always seems like those things happen at the most inconvinent (I have not idea how to spell that, but you know what I mean) time, not that any time is convien......you know what I mean again....I think I need to go back to school to learn how to spell, how embarassing!!

Love, Jenny (H) Burbank

Amy and Micheal said...

How stinking cute is that little chica? I was tearing up just reading it. The pictures that you caught were amazing! I'm so proud of you Chloee! Way to be and to finish all by yourself! Maybe Kai and Kennet will have to run it next year with her too. I think I'll be on the sidelines as well though, taking pics!

Sandstone Writings said...

I really enjoyed seeing your summer fun! What great ideas your family has, of ways to make it good for everybody!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

So many cute posts! Kim! That is adorable that Chloee ran in a race! I bet Jon would totally sign Ethan up if he had a chance! How cute to see her in her little number! Way to go for that cute little guy for finishing in the same amount that it practically takes me to finish 3 miles! WOWO!!!!

Jen said...

Congrats to Chloee! That's quite the accomplishment. We ran into your mom after the Freedom Run and she told us Chloee was in her first big race that same day. That's great!

The Over Family said...

That is so awesome that Chloee ran her first race!! And it's so great that it was a whole family thing --- I'm a little jealous! :) I miss all of those fun little races. Here in CA, all of the races are on Sunday. And they are all BIG and COMPETITIVE. I'm almost tempted to move back to Utah just for the millions of fun runs! :) I loved this post...what a little trooper Chloee is! :)

The Family said...

You know I'm going to LOVE these pictures! It was so much fun for me, even though I had to run back and forth taking video shots on an empty stomach after doing my regular workout. I'd do it all again for a great time like I had! At this point, I think Chan looks like he's the one that will most likely be my running buddy, while I wait and see if Chloee will join us. I hope so! Loved the whole holiday. We are so lucky to have had so many of us together. Thanks for taking such great pictures. I love all of them!!!!!

Renae Williams said...

Way to go Chloee! I'm so proud of her running that race. She looks like a trooper and I couldn't help but get all choked up seeing her come across the line. Congrats to the rest of the clan who ran a great race and had a terrific 4th of July. The pics were fun and awesome.

The "O" Clan said...

Is the Chloee fan club still open for membership? That little girl cracks me up - especially the way you write about her.
I sometimes can't believe that it's been 10 years since I came to Wellsville and Mountain Crest as an exchange student. I feel old. It's so much fun to read blogs about friends from back then. Just know that the Olsen's are fans of your blog.
Keep it coming.

spemberly.blogspot.com said...

That's great that Chloee did that whole race. Those are such cute pictures!

Heather said...

Great pics! You are seriously the most talented photographer! And your family does the most fun things!