Saturday, July 5, 2008

Brazil, His 2nd Home

On July 3rd Josh returned home from his mission to Brazil. Every year I try to do something memorable for him about Brazil, on the 3rd. This year I made Brigadeiro. Evidently this is a candy commonly used in Brazil for pretty much any special occasion. I must say, they were pretty good. Chloee and I decorated the house, put up a sign and also bought Josh's favorite Brazilian drink, Guarana. Which we have yet to find anywhere else but Macey's.

It was nothing big but a fun reminder of Josh's 2nd home. He talks about going back all the time. I would love to see the places I hear so much about. Maybe someday we'll make it there. Oh yes and Stacie, thanks for the recipe for the Brigadeiro. You're a lifesaver!

2 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

I love that Josh loved his mission so much. And I LOVE hearing all his stories about it. What a sweet wife and daughter you two are, baking such yummy goodies and decorating the house. You know, I went to Wyoming once, why don't you come on over and bake me some goodies. :)

The Family said...

Mmmmm...those treats look awefully good. Did you bring us any? Let me answer that for you...NO! The day he came home was a great day for me. I missed him more than he'll ever know. I love the way you guys remember everyting!