Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Mothers Know...

My mom gave me this book for Mother's Day! It actually has a weird story to it. I was in Seagull Book a few days before Mother's day looking for something for my Mother-in-law when I came across this book. I saw it and instantly picked it up and wanted it. I carried it around the store with me but decided that I shouldn't just pick it up and get it because I wanted it. I know, I actually had some self control.

It looked so good and it is totally something I would love. 5 minutes messages to lift your spirit. I love that I would be able to just pick it up read one story from it and that was all I needed. I got in the car and told Josh about it, maybe in hopes that he would get it for me. Well, Mother's Day came and I hadn't talked to my mom about it or anything and that was what she gave me. I felt like it was an answer to my prayers. It just goes to show me that my mom are very spiritually tied. There have been countless things that I could name that she just knows about me or knew what I needed at the exact right time. It was a blessing and a reminder that MOTHERS know more than you think they do and are very in tune with their children's emotions! Thanks mom, it was a great read. I laughed, I cried, I felt the warmth of the spirit but most importantly, the book did remind me about what a difference LOVE can make in some one's life! Love You!

5 comments:

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

I love to read books like that! I might just have to rent that one from the library! Thanks for the suggestion!

Amy and Micheal said...

I loved reading this book! In fact, after the first few stories, I called Micheal to tell him about what a great book it was and we ended up reading the whole book over the phone together! It was wonderful! Thanks Mom, (if you read my comment) for such a wonderful gift!

Jenny said...

"Broken" by Lifehouse is one of my favorite songs right now :) I'm glad it helped you out when you needed it :)

Heather said...

Your mom sounds so tuned in - Amazing! I'll have to check out that book. :-)

P.S. I have missed reading your cute blog! I hope you're doing great!

Jenny said...

HEY KIM,

WHAT'S UP? WOULD LOVE TO SEE A NEW POST! HOPE ALL IS OK

LOVE JEN H B