Sunday, December 14, 2008

1 Year Ago Today

I cannot believe that it was a year ago today, December 14th, that we moved into our house. It feels like that time just flew by and stood still all at the same time. We, and when I say we, I mean Josh, painted the house at the end of July. Yes, we didn't put anything up on the walls for about 9 months because we were going to paint. I HATED the paint in this house and it was just depressing to look at everyday. This was when I was throwing up a lot. My mom had come down and stayed with me for a few days after I got out of the infusion therapies I was doing, to help take care of me and Chloee. I ended up going home with her and as a GREAT anniversary present, Josh painted for me in one weekend, right before he left to go out of town for work on Monday. Also, a great big THANK YOU to Kathy, she was so sweet to come and help Josh paint on Saturday. He couldn't have got it done without you!


Before, yes, the house was totally trashed, I was out of commission for over 2 months so cut me some slack. I hated that hideous antique look she tried to do. Blah, just not my thing.

Much better. We decided to do the one wall green, which I think accents really well. Poor Josh had to seriously prime like crazy before to cover up all the sponging.


Notice how she just made her own line and cut off the paint between the front room and kitchen. What, you can't just do that in the middle of a wall.

Nice and seamless, same paint, imagine that!


Yeah, what is with the random stripes of red in the kitchen. Lance worded it perfectly when he said, "It looks like your ceiling is bleeding" and it did. This lady loved stripes, seriously every room has had stripes in it. Don't even get me started on what we are going to have to do to the baby's room.

All one color! Not super great light here so I promise the color really does look good.


The drywall had started to bubble around the end of the banister and Josh ripped it all off and had to redo it.

See how beautiful.


Ok, I really had to post this just so you could see how awful the paint job was. See how you can see where the roller actually stopped in multiple places. It was so uneven. I am really glad I don't have to look at it anymore.

Just one more of the pretty walls that don't make me want to hurl every time I look at them. Surprisingly enough, after the paint was done, I started feeling much better. Chance, coincidence, or whatever it was, I was very grateful for my husband who did all this just days before he went out of town for a week.

It feels weird to think we have really been here for an entire year. Many milestones have crossed our path in this home. We are hoping that during this Christmas break, we will be able to get the rest of the house in organization mode. I know sad, it's been a year but all in due time it will be done the way we want it to be.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

your home looks beautiful! :) We have been in our home for almost 3 years now and we haven't even touched up our paint yet! Maybe one day we will get around to it! My husband is not a painter & neither am I.

Amy and Micheal said...

Josh did such an AMAZING job!! Your home looks positively magnifique! I still can't believe that lady had such random lines in the kitchen. I never really noticed how bad the front room was until it got revamped. Ugh, that was so ugly! But I guess that I never noticed it as much because I didn't have to stare at it everyday either. Bless your heart! I can't to see what kind of magic he's going to work with the baby's room!

I can't believe it's already been a year!

The Family said...

Wow you guys. I can't believe the difference we can see on the before and after pictures! It looks soooo much better, and clean and crisp looking. You've got good taste!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

WOW! YOu did a much better job than the last painter that's for sure! Who on earth would put some random bluish strip just at the top of the ceiling?!?!

Heather said...

Your home looks so amazing! Josh did such a great job with painting. Alas, that is a project we have to do pretty soon. Don't you love it when your home feels like your own? Yay!

Bob and Marie said...

So...Kim..I have decided why Heavenly Father seems to think it necessary to bless you with pregnancies that are difficult and a strong willed little girl that can cause some grief. It is because you totally have an AMAZING husband. I LOVE my hubby..let there be no question about that...but I can not imagine..in a hundred years..him painting the entire house...cooking gourmet meals...and reading to our kids each night...(and reading the Twilight series!!) What a catch you have and what a catch you are!
The paint looks great.. and the next time I need some homemade gingerbread houses with a complete Thanksgiving meal...I'll know who to ask...WOW...I'm impressed. I'm glad you have been feeling better lately. :) I'm sure if Josh was the one that blogged...we would be hearing amazing things about you. You're aweome!