Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Festivities

My dad would be SO PROUD! We took Chloee to the city building on Monday night for FHE to sit on Santa's lap. We figured it would be a nightmare of thrashing and screaming but we were pleasantly surprised. She sat on his lap and continued sitting there while she told Santa what she wanted, which was "cookies". I think she's confused. Josh reads her a story about a little girl that leaves out cookies for Santa, so somehow I think she thought he was asking her what she was going to leave for him! Either way, I was so proud of her, and my dad would be SO proud. He's been wanting to see how she would be sitting on Santa's lap... well, here you go, no coal for this chick.


After Chloee's insane day/night of throwing up and trying to put me in an early grave, we decided to do a fun little craft tonight. We made a cute Christmas chain to help her count down the days until Christmas. She also has a little candy calendar that Grandma Kathy gave her, which she also loves. Every morning the first thing she does is ask to open another door on her chocolate calendar. Crazy girl!

7 comments:

Bob and Marie said...

You have such a cute family, Kim. You do so many fun things together..and it seems like you and your Chloee have more than your share of health problems..yet you always seem to take them as they come and you stay optimistic. I was SO impressed by Josh's homemade gingerbread houses. I couldn't do anything like that if my life depended on it. I enjoy your posts..and I really would like to get together and do something sometime. I have the craziest schedule ever. I hate it!

Stacie Peterson said...

I think you meant grandma Kafty duh! I am VERY proud of her to sit on Santa's lap at her age what a cute, brave little girl.

Unknown said...

The book referred to her is a book about how Santa loves cookies. I have informed her that we need to leave dark chocolate Milano cookies for Santa on Christmas Eve (along with eggnog) since that is his very favorite. She decided that since she also loves cookies that it is only fair if there is a trade, cookies for cookies. Makes sense...I guess.

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Thanks Josh for the info about the exact cookies you want..I mean Santa wants! hahahah
Love the santa picture! I think my son is going to scream when he sees santa!

Amy and Micheal said...

Yes, Dad would be VERY proud! She looks so big sitting on his lap. Kennet is almost 2 years older than her and I think he'll scream at him! I'm worried.

That Christmas chain picture is so cute! I need to make one for the boys. By the time I get around to it, there will probably only be 3 chains to put together!

Does Santa also want a book to read? Hmmm, I wonder what I could come up with to fit his literary obsession to go along with his cookies and eggnog?..... Could Santa put it down to finish his overnight job? :)

Krysta said...

How fun! I love how excited they get counting down to Christmas. I think that's why we have kids...so we can relive the excitement in everything, especially Christmas!

Heather said...

You have such amazing ideas, you creative genius! And hahaha about what Chloee told Santa. He's thinking, "this one'll be easy!" LOL.