Saturday, December 20, 2008

Early Labor

I swear I was going to go into early labor these last few days.  Rest assured, I am not.  Josh left for Ohio on Tuesday which stunk, and was supposed to get home late last night.  I spent the 4 days up at my Mom & Dad's.  I also had a doctor appointment, NO, I don't have gestational sugar diabetes, whewwww!  I was borderline with Chloee so I'm glad it came back good.

I really wanted to come home yesterday, so I did, in what we thought was going to be the break of the storm, in the morning.  Well, over 2 hours later, slipping, sliding, the CANYON FROM HELL, frozen windshield wipers and a screaming 2 year old, I made it home.  Let's just say that it was REALLY bad and LOTS of wrecks.  I swear I don't want to travel anywhere for a month.  Blah!

To top it off, Josh's flight was delayed.  He was stuck on the plane for a couple of hours.  His flight was supposed to get in about 10:45 pm but didn't land until 12:30 am.  Then of course the line for the baggage was a mile long and it wasn't even running.  By the time he got his luggage and drove home with all the ice on the roads, in the car, mind you, he stumbled in at 2:30 am.  I couldn't sleep the entire time, so I was just pacing back and forth waiting for him to get here.  I was so tired but my body would not rest.  

So there you have it.  See why I could have gone into labor early yesterday?  I had a pit in my stomach from me driving home and then it finally went away, just to get riled back up because I was worried about Josh.  I actually did have Braxton Hicks contractions while I was at my Mom's but I had those with Chloee about this same time too. 

Today I am going to sit around and just relax.  Yeah right, I still have to Christmas shop and Josh will probably sleep the day away!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm glad that you and Josh are both safe! I HATE driving in snow! When our canyon is really bad you just don't go anywhere the whole day!!

Amy and Micheal said...

It's too bad all that stupid snow couldn't wait a couple of days so that you could come down here. Oh well, another time, I'm sure. I'm so glad though that Josh made it home safe, and that you didn't deliver your baby in his absence! I hate driving in the snow, period, but in the canyon is even worse! I hope you're able to relax at least a little today! Kick your feet up, throw back some chocolates, and watch a good movie!

Heather said...

Scary about the drive! I'm glad you're safe and sound and Josh is back. Hopefully you can have some good R & R over the holidays. This is goofy, but I kind of like the idea of being "snowed in" when I don't have to go anywhere . . . so cozy!

Bob and Marie said...

I'm glad both you and Josh are safe. I hate driving in the snow. I'm sorry to hear you had such a high stress day. I wish the snow would learn to only fall in the mountains and fields and completely miss the roads, sidewalks, and driveways. Maybe in the next life, huh? Glad you made it home safe!

Lesa said...

Holy Moly It sounds like you had quite a couple of days! I am glad to hear you are doing well as is the baby and that you made it home with the crazy messes the snow brings and that your hubby is home safe and sound too!