Monday, December 1, 2008

O Christmas Tree...

We decorated the house yesterday. It was fun to pull out all of our Christmas decorations and go to town decorating EVERYTHING. We watched Home Alone 2 while we did it all. Chloee had such a blast, especially with the tinsel and ornaments. Here's how it turned out.

Isn't that thing huge and so pretty all lit up? I seriously have to fill up the tree stand with water a couple times a day.


This little fake tree got "the works" as well.


Josh put garland around the stair banisters and then wrapped lights around it. The house looks so cool with all the lights off and with everything plugged in. It feels like Christmas should be tomorrow with the way our house looks and smells... awh, pine!


My mom is making the baby's stocking. I can't wait until we get it so this display can be complete. Weird to think we are going to be a family of 4 here in a little bit.


We have lots of decorations throughout the house. We have mugs, crazy reindeer that I made when I was younger, cute little stuffed santas and bears, etc. Yes, I know we are obsessed with Christmas and decorating. That's the way we like it!


This says "Merry Christmas" in Portuguese. Josh always makes some great Brazilian treat every year at Christmas time.


That's it, I could post a million other pictures but I won't. After our little decorating escapade, we went out and looked at the lights that people had on their houses. Chloee was so fun, she would shout out, "Look Daddy, it's the lights, they're so gorgeous." I thought we were going to die laughing after she said "gorgeous". Where did we get this girl?

6 comments:

Josh said...

This is by far the Hugest (yes "Hugest") tree we've ever had. Do you think we're compensating for something??

Amy and Micheal said...

I love it! Your tree is so obese it's killing me! It looks so great all lit up, your whole house does! And to think I just missed seeing it all... Boo. Well, I'll just have to come up again. I think that's a great to usher in Christmas. I think we're setting up the tree tonight. We'll see. When is Josh making his Brazilian treat? Maybe I'll have to "drop by" when he's cooking something up....

ARE you guys compensating for something? :)

PS I love your new background. So cute!

Jenny said...

wow, your house looks amazing :) very festive!! Did you guys put lights on the outside of your house too?

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

YOur house looks soo cute! I love this time of year!

Heather said...

Hahaha . . . Chloee is so cute! And your house looks great! Don't you just love this time of year?

Sandstone Writings said...

It looks so beautiful! If our son and grandson come over today, I may have them do the ladder thing and get our decorations down. You inspired me.